Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Skinny and poor or heavy and rich. Which is better?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 7:58 am
I saw this on FB and thought it was interesting. Which is better? To be more specific, to have 10 million in the bank and be at least 100 pounds overweight, or to look like a model but have to worry about paying bills because of no money? Lets also assume you can't change for 10 years, so you can't answer I'd rather be heavy and rich because I'd go on a diet and lose all the weight in 6 months.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 8:05 am
In my opinion it's a silly question and assumes that you are the type of person who is never happy with your lot (I don't mean you personally).

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 8:08 am
Well I am overweight (not 100lbs) and poor. And trying to lose weight. The reality is that is expensive and time consuming to prepare healthy food, buy fresh fruit and veggies, and find time to exercise. If I was rich I would hire a personal trainer, buy delicious low calorie foods...it would be way easier to lose weight.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 8:12 am
I guess I'd choose skinny and poor because that already is my reality haha.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 8:13 am
I have an eating disorder.
I would choose to be skinny over many many things. Almost over life itself.
(I am doing good these days and weigh a normal weight, thank god)

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 8:31 am
Skinny and poor. Not a question.

tweek

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 8:40 am
This is an interesting question for me personally, because these are 2 areas in my life that I have struggled with significantly. I have had financial setbacks, which are bh under control now, but I guess you can say that I would not be considered rich. I am also significantly overweight.

For a long time, both of these things defined my life and happiness. I didn't thing I could ever be truly happy, unless I was rich AND skinny!!

Over time, I realized that both of these nisyonos have actually enriched my life. They led me down paths which pushed me to look deeper into the true meaning of life and happiness, to appreciate what is really important in life. This may sound corny, but I doubt that if I were skinny OR rich, that I would have reached the point of self development that I have reached.

Of course, now that I have reached it, I'm more than ready for the weight loss and millions LOL LOL !!!!

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 9:32 am
Heavy and rich. We are comfortable, and I can bh afford to buy what I want. I am also heavy, and even though I have sometimes been slim, I'm usually heavy. Yet I can afford nice flatering clothes, new wigs and nice make up, I am probably more put together then lots of slim people. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to be slim, but would rather be heavy and rich.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 10:15 am
So many people I wish I could hug.
I'm with all things blue.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 10:18 am
Heavy and rich. And I am a little obsessed about my weight. Still, I don't think anyone truly poor would answer differently. Unfortunately, that's where I am.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
Well I am overweight (not 100lbs) and poor. And trying to lose weight. The reality is that is expensive and time consuming to prepare healthy food, buy fresh fruit and veggies, and find time to exercise. If I was rich I would hire a personal trainer, buy delicious low calorie foods...it would be way easier to lose weight.

I agree with you 100%
I keep telling my husband this when I dont have cleaning help because we cant afford it and after cleaning the house I am too tired to exercise. And we dont have money for good healthy food. But he doesnt really agree with me.

agreer

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 1:36 pm
What a weird question.

heidi

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 1:46 pm
agreer wrote:
What a weird question.

I actually think it's a really interesting question that really addresses people's priorities.
I'm with the poster who would rather be fat and rich bcz. then you could buy flattering clothes and really enjoy your steak!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics