Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Is Kanye West going to be our 46 president?
Previous  1  2  3

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:52 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Absolutely not fighting you, I agree with you. I took issue with the other remark saying he did it solely to appease his Christian base.

Gotcha. I didn't make that comment.

InQuarantineWeR

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:55 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Absolutely not fighting you, I agree with you. I took issue with the other remark saying he did it solely to appease his Christian base.

Who said "solely"? You asked for a reason other than geopolitical concerns. You got one. Both can be true.

servewithjoy

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:56 pm
Feel free to appease so long as the appeasement goes along with our values and right side of the issues Smile

a free world but wondering how frum Jews would not factor Israel in to their voting? not a jab, I really am mystified and would appreciate insight into this

And welcome Quarantine! You remind me so much of another poster...it'll come to me with time Smile Enjoy and welcome to Imamother! Makes me want to change my screen name to "notinquarantine anymore B"H!"

InQuarantineWeR

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:58 pm
servewithjoy wrote:
Feel free to appease so long as the appeasement goes along with our values and right side of the issues Smile

a free world but wondering how frum Jews would not factor Israel in to their voting? not a jab, I really am mystified and would appreciate insight into this

And welcome Quarantine! You remind me so much of another poster...it'll come to me with time Smile Enjoy and welcome to Imamother!

There's a difference between not factoring it in and not making decisions based solely on Israel. And some people have different views on what's best for Israel.

servewithjoy

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:59 pm
For sure! would appreciate your shedding more light on this if you care to

InQuarantineWeR

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:01 pm
servewithjoy wrote:
For sure! would appreciate your shedding more light on this if you care to

I missed your last part above, so thank you!

I don't think full monetary reliance is a good thing. I don't think the current annexation plan is being implemented properly (though I do agree that the land is Israel's). I'm not saying the Democrats are going to be great, I'm just saying that the Republican position either isn't tenable, or there are other reasons not to vote Republican. And I'm fully aware that other people think America should be giving more aid to Israel and that they should go into the West Bank guns blazing.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:05 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Gotcha. I didn't make that comment.

I know that. Inquarantine did.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:09 pm
InQuarantineWeR wrote:
Who said "solely"? You asked for a reason other than geopolitical concerns. You got one. Both can be true.

Nice attempt to walk it back. But quite transparent.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:11 pm
servewithjoy wrote:

And welcome Quarantine! You remind me so much of another poster...it'll come to me with time Smile !"

I agree. Very much like another poster.

InQuarantineWeR

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:14 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Nice attempt to walk it back. But quite transparent.

How did I walk it back? You're the one who used the word solely, not me.

itsmeima

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:49 pm
Quote:

And welcome Quarantine! You remind me so much of another poster... it'll come to me with time Smile !"

We have different opinions on what's best for Israel!

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:02 pm
itsmeima wrote:
Quote:

And welcome Quarantine! You remind me so much of another poster... it'll come to me with time Smile !"

We have different opinions on what's best for Israel!

A huge majority of Israelis enthusiastically approve of Trump, and are grateful for all he’s done for Israel. But I guess you know better than all of them. Perhaps you’d like to advise the Israeli govt. about your views. I’m sure they’d respect your opinion above all. LOL

InQuarantineWeR

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:05 pm
Cheiny wrote:
A huge majority of Israelis enthusiastically approve of Trump, and are grateful for all he’s done for Israel. But I guess you know better than all of them. Perhaps you’d like to advise the Israeli govt. about your views. I’m sure they’d respect your opinion above all. LOL

It's a good thing Israelis don't vote for the US president, then. The Israeli government is free to liaise with Trump as much as they want, but there's more to US politics than Israel.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:06 pm
InQuarantineWeR wrote:
It's a good thing Israelis don't vote for the US president, then. The Israeli government is free to liaise with Trump as much as they want, but there's more to US politics than Israel.

Israel should be a strong factor in every American jew’s vote.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:07 pm
InQuarantineWeR wrote:
Because his evangelical Christian base supported those actions.

Correct. He's pandering to the evangelicals.

InQuarantineWeR

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:07 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Israel should be a strong factor in every American jew’s vote.

Again: there is more than one interpretation of what's best for Israel, and Israel is not the only reason to vote for someone. "Strong" doesn't mean "only" or even "primary."

itsmeima

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:08 pm
Cheiny wrote:

I don't know better, I have a different opinion on what's best for the future of Israel!

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:13 pm
itsmeima wrote:
I don't know better, I have a different opinion on what's best for the future of Israel!

You know what opinions are like, right?

servewithjoy

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 10:56 pm
Better than pandering to Ilhan Omar and her supporters. Her/their views on Israel? not so good

When voting I take my best choice, not my ideal.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics