Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Best use of big dresser drawers

esther11

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 9:21 pm
Ok so someone gave us free dresser drawers, and the actual drawers are huge. I really wonder what they were intended for...but either way we are keeping clothing in them. Each drawer is probably abt 2.5 x 1.5 x 1ft. Any ideas of how to organize or divide up the space? We want to store shirts, shells, pajamas, underwear...basically any non hanging clothes!

thanks!

L K

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 9:28 pm
Neat piles for larger uniform items (think undershirts); may want to stack things like shirts, tops, pajama sets sideways so you can see what's in the pile. For flat items that you wish to see better you can place them in a pile but kind of staggered by an inch or two-there from each other so you can see each item. It's like you make a pile and then slide the items along, like a fan.

For smaller items, I like skubb containers from ikea to keep them in one place and not scattered.

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 9:29 pm
Google the KONMARIE method of folding clothes so that they stand up vertically like file folders, then "file" any type of clothes you like. You should be able to do this without using dividers if you fill up the space, but if you have lots of empty space and the clothes rattle around, use shoeboxes, baskets or whatever is convenient to divide the drawers into smaller compartments. You can also buy adjustable drawer dividers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics