Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Can't wait till school starts!!!
1  2  Next

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 4:38 pm
I can't wait till school starts and my kids are in school. I love my kids dearly but I have a 3 year old and 4 year old boys that are really starting to drive me nuts. There was 3 weeks between camp and school and I have one week left HORRAY!!

Last edited by Pickle Lady on Thu, Aug 30 2007, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 4:40 pm
I was ready to kiss the wheels of the school bus when mine were home on vacation.

stem

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 4:56 pm
My kids have been in school for a week already 8)

gryp

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 8:08 pm
Pickle, your house is going to feel so empty! Smile

Last edited by gryp on Thu, Aug 30 2007, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 8:11 pm
ME TOO!!!

My kids need that consistant schedule

cindy324

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 12:23 am
Can't take all the fighting and arguing either. 6 more days to go...

Pickle Lady

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 8:25 am
GR wrote:

Not too empty I will still have ,y litle girl at home. It will be quiet but I just can't wait. I will finaly be able to get some things done around the house and more seder in my life.

rosehill

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 8:37 am
I'm actually enjoying having my children home. I've been in pajamas till 11, not too worried about bedtime, eating alot of pizza. I am not looking forward to running for the buses in the morning, making lunches, and the absolute worst....HOMEWORK.

chen

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 8:51 am
southernbubby wrote:
I was ready to kiss the wheels of the school bus when mine were home on vacation.
LOL LOL LOL

chen

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 8:59 am
Mine started this week and I don't like it! In my day, school started after Labor Day. Here it's still August and they're already in school, having had exactly two days off once camp was over. (They were working, not campers.) Those two days were taken up getting their various dental/medical checkups and shopping for school clothes and supplies.

Forget doing anything fun over the long weekend--the boys are in shiur till at least 3.00 on Sunday and have a full day Monday, including night seder. Let's punish the parents, why don't we?

gryp

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 9:20 am
Pickle Lady wrote:
GR wrote:

Not too empty I will still have ,y litle girl at home. It will be quiet but I just can't wait. I will finaly be able to get some things done around the house and more seder in my life.

yeah but there was a time when you had all three. Wink

Raisin

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 9:39 am
My older kids started this week, and my youngest starts on monday. We were all getting pretty bored (well, the kids) so smiles all around! However, I also teach, so it means my vacation is over as well.

But, this is what my schedule looks like from next week:

8:40 school and kg starts
10.05 I finish teaching
1pm ds finishes kg
2pm next ds finishes school
3pm 2 dds finish school.

The school is only 5 minutes drive away, but it still seems to take at least 20 minutes to pick up one kid.

Then, homework, and my 3 older kids have online school for 1-3 hours, depending on age. (I may have to cut out on some of the hours if it is too much for them) Oh, and they also get homework from that.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 9:55 am
Pickle, I know it is so hard to have the little ones underfoot and bored at home. Its a mesirus nefesh to take a break from our own household work to keep them happy and occupied. I feel the same as you in some ways, but I also am sad to see them go back. The boys have SUCH long days at school and I have been happy to see them have such a relaxed and fun summer. Now, taking my little DD to nursery for the first time on Tues... THAT will be hard!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 9:57 am
Three weeks is way too long not to have structure.

At least this, Pickle - your kids will go to school - my son decided to blow off college AGAIN this year.....if he sits around, complaining aboaut dinners and getting online viruses, I do not know WHAT I will do.....Sad

Raisin

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 9:58 am
It is much easier to have younger kids at home. I found they were happy with simple things like going to the park, going shopping with me. My older kids are much harder to please. None of their friends live very close by so they miss that as well.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 11:37 am
I like to cook when my daughter is in school and my son is sleeping, but she's still got one more week to go. Gosh!! What she's not doing to get me angry!! I was in the middle of making cheese cake earlier and she was standing next to me playing with water and just decided to add water to the cheesecake! It wasnt much, about 4 tsp, I think (She was playing with a medicine cup). I got so angry at her, but we made up already!!! She's so cute!! I'm going to miss her when she'll be in school but she really needs to go.

gryp

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 11:42 am
my kids have been home the whole summer anyway so we're enjoying the last few days before school starts again and eagerly anticipating school at the same time.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 11:42 am
I wouldn't mind that they have this much time between camp & school if I didnt work. I'd take the day slow & then take them out. Instead, I have to take a couple of kids with me every day & get them out early so we can come home early.

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 8:35 am
I have a feeling that I am so itching to get them out of the house because I am sending my 3 year old to school for the first time this year and he was home with me all last year. I am really glad he stayed home with me and we had a great time but he is super ready for school now. BH today is orientation. Yipeeee and they start school tomorrow. My oldest asks me almost everyday if there is school that day. He is also excited for school. Its not like I don't take them out alot. I do. They have been to the zoo, museums, botanical gardens and friends houses. All many times during the summer. I am just so happy school is starting tomorrow. Anyone else with me!!!

gryp

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 9:04 am
Have a good time at orientation.
I was so worried about what to do with my other two during orientation, turns out Mendel has strep so we're not going after all.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics