Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Kosher Supermarket opened in BP where Pathmark used to be
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 6:23 pm
So heres my review:

Why do I have to go there to buy Chocolate Covered Halvah for 14.99 a lb? I think thats no cheaper than what Oh Nuts charges, and probably more than what KRM charges! Chocolate bars they sell for 99 cents, are the same price all over.

They had some chicken bottoms in family packs for 1.99 lb, but I wouldnt go there especially for that.

Lots of junky household items. No brands. 100 paper plates are 1.50, same price as everywhere else. 100 Plastic plates werent cheaper than other stores, from what I remember.

They have their own brand of stuff like Soup Mandlen for 1/2 price of the brand that the stores sell. But the Name Brand says its all natural, and Bingo's brand doesnt say all natural. Not a single can of low sodium tuna.

Produce may be cheaper than stores, but their green grapes were not fresh looking. Green peppers for 49 cents is reasonable, other colors for 1.49, but I think all the Rosners are about that price.

I only saw regular pasta, no whole grain, nothing Spelt.

What are people running there for? 14 cashiers all with long lines. Only open til 10 pm on Thursdays? Why? I think everyone hears of crowds, so theyre checking it out. I didnt get any great deals.

goforit

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:53 pm
I hear krm is mad and promised to spread rumors about them. Some of these posts knocking bingo as a mother and mentioning krm sounds suspicious to me.
What do you think?
This is not supposed to be a regular grocery with spelt and other speciality items. This is a cosco style bulk shopping store.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 9:10 pm
goforit wrote:
I hear krm is mad and promised to spread rumors about them. Some of these posts knocking bingo as a mother and mentioning krm sounds suspicious to me.
What do you think?
This is not supposed to be a regular grocery with spelt and other speciality items. This is a cosco style bulk shopping store.

My conscience is 100000% clear. I have zero to do with KRM or any other store. What I described is what I saw today, and it made me analyze whether its worth going there.

People are interested in healthful natural and organic foods more and more as time passes. Costco has lots of health food type items, this store had none.

Please tell me what great deals you found that make it worth it for you, and maybe Ill reconsider.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 9:12 pm
Amother jade, I was there last week and whatever fruits and veggies I bought were incredibly fresh.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 9:24 pm
Just BTW, White Spelt Flour 5lb bag was 11.99 in Bingo and it 16.99 or 17.99 elsewhere.
The salmon and fruits/veg were very fresh and great quality.
I'm hoping for a natural/gluten free aisle. Perhaps they are open to recommendations and requests.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 6:01 am
amother wrote:
My conscience is 100000% clear. I have zero to do with KRM or any other store. What I described is what I saw today, and it made me analyze whether its worth going there.

People are interested in healthful natural and organic foods more and more as time passes. Costco has lots of health food type items, this store had none.

Please tell me what great deals you found that make it worth it for you, and maybe Ill reconsider.

The prices in parenthesis are what I usually pay at other places such as Gourmet Glatt.

I bought Rosemarie chocolate for 1.99 (over $3.00)
Chocolate pudding 1.99 (2.79)
Bananas 69 cents a bunch ( almost three dollars)
Soda Coke company 1.09 ( over $2)
Greek yogurt 1.19 ( 1.49)
Grape juice 3.99 ( over $5)
Dips were all at least 25 percent cheaper than other takeout stores- I bought around ten different dips.
Blueberries 1.99 ( 2.49-3.49)

Plastic containers were a fraction of the price as usual. I stocked up.

The only thing that was not cheaper was pastrami. I paid 22.99 a lb. That's pretty average and I've even found it for a couple of dollars cheaper in some places.

I do not shop at KRM so possibly they have similar pricing but I saved on basically every item.
When I'm making a huge weekly order the minimum dollar savings on each item really adds up. I saved at least 50-70 dollars on my order last night.

The only question is if they'll keep up with this pricing. If they do I will make a weekly trip. If not, I probably won't shlep because it's not that convenient for me.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 7:39 am
my husband was there yesterday after 10 and it was open.....and he was checking the prices of many things and they're cheaper then most of the things I buy usually.....

amother
Black

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 5:54 pm
Is it opened on motzei shabbos?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 9:11 am
I like Costco because of their huge containers (large plastic jars) of top quality nuts, all kinds of nuts, salted and unsalted, very reasonable.

I like Costco because of their huge packages of paper plates...hundreds to a package.

Bingo has neither.

Does Bingo have huge containers of nuts that I missed, or huge packages of paper or microwaveable plastic plates?

I saw no huge packages of either. I just saw 100 paper plates for 1.50 that you can get in any grocery.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 9:18 am
amother wrote:
I like Costco because of their huge containers (large plastic jars) of top quality nuts, all kinds of nuts, salted and unsalted, very reasonable.

I like Costco because of their huge packages of paper plates...hundreds to a package.

Bingo has neither.

Does Bingo have huge containers of nuts that I missed, or huge packages of paper or microwaveable plastic plates?

I saw no huge packages of either. I just saw 100 paper plates for 1.50 that you can get in any grocery.

So go shop at costco. I with a family of five kh...personally would have nothing to do with huge packages of plastic plates or huge containers of nuts. Nuts don't stay fresh forever and I don't plan on using my limited storage space for plates. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder- no one is forcing you to shop at Bingo. Wink

I personally am glad to have cheaper alternatives when money is tight and as I said if these prices keep up- I will continue shipping there. (Although the fruit platters already went up from 9.99 to 16.99... we will see about the rest of the products.)

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 9:34 am
amother wrote:
So go shop at costco. I with a family of five kh...personally would have nothing to do with huge packages of plastic plates or huge containers of nuts. Nuts don't stay fresh forever and I don't plan on using my limited storage space for plates. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder- no one is forcing you to shop at Bingo. Wink

No chip at all! I live pretty close, so if someone tells me about anything really reasonable, Ill be going there too! What did I miss bulk savings on, besides the huge tin of cookies for 9.99.....? Very Happy

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 11:32 am
amother wrote:
Is it opened on motzei shabbos?

No, not according to the social media advertisement that someone sent me a screenshot of.

ETA: Oops, I see someone posted that they were open this week.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 6:12 pm
amother wrote:
Just BTW, White Spelt Flour 5lb bag was 11.99 in Bingo and it 16.99 or 17.99 elsewhere.

I didnt see spelt flour at all. Do they have Whole Spelt flour?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 7:08 am
Can we continue posting the best bargains from there?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 10:34 am
goforit wrote:
What do you think?

Hahahahahahaha KRM was offered it first, I heard, but being that theyre (Bingo) paying 150,000 rent a month KRM doesnt think theyll survive...

I wonder.

sourstix

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 10:39 am
Kim will survive. Many people support Kim because of the message and the reason he has. He supports a kolel. So I used to shop there no matter what. And there are tons of others like me. No worries. I loved it when I lived there. I miss that place. Please come to Lakewood! We love your service. Lakewood needs you

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 10:43 am
amother wrote:
Hahahahahahaha KRM was offered it first, I heard, but being that theyre (Bingo) paying 150,000 rent a month KRM doesnt think theyll survive...

I wonder.

I wonder how the person who has been posting negative information about Bingo, and claims to have no relationship to KRM, (I) knows that KRM was offered the opportunity [to what, rent the former Pathmark site? enter into a joint venture with Osher Ad?] first; (ii) knows how much rent Bingo is paying; and (iii) has inside information as to the thoughts and strategies of the owners of KRM.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 10:47 am
SixOfWands wrote:
I wonder how the person who has been posting negative information about Bingo, and claims to have no relationship to KRM, (I) knows that KRM was offered the opportunity [to what, rent the former Pathmark site? enter into a joint venture with Osher Ad?] first; (ii) knows how much rent Bingo is paying; and (iii) has inside information as to the thoughts and strategies of the owners of KRM.

Ya... I smell a rat.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 10:49 am
SixOfWands wrote:

Sheesh... I have NOTHING to do with anyone in food business... You can choose to believe or not believe... I know someone in Real Estate who says he knows.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 10:50 am
amother wrote:
Ya... I smell a rat.

OK, Im Moshe Binik, owner of KRM, or one of his kids... and I have the time to follow Imamother threads...
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics