Home

Dirshu Shabbos- What's it like?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Chocolate


Post  Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:24 pm
Have you gone to a Dirshu weekend event? What was it like? Are you expected to attend all sessions? Did you see your husband at all over shabbos?
Back to top

goforit




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Nov 29 2016, 11:04 pm
amother wrote:
Have you gone to a Dirshu weekend event? What was it like? Are you expected to attend all sessions? Did you see your husband at all over shabbos?


I was there once as a staff member. Very nicely arranged event. You go to as many sessions as you are up to. Some where in middle of the meal. You see your spouse but not soo much. The kids program is like heaven on this world, every thing a kid can dream off. The staff is very sensitive and caring. Feel free to ask any more questions.
Back to top

happy mommy6




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:55 pm
Im bumping this up.... did anyone go last year and can update... we are going this year iyh.
Is there a kids program?
Back to top

amother




Scarlet


Post  Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:58 pm
happy mommy6 wrote:
Im bumping this up.... did anyone go last year and can update... we are going this year iyh.
Is there a kids program?

I hope you are aware that you cant bring kids. Only nursing babies are allowed. That was stated clearly in the registration form.
Back to top

happy mommy6




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:57 am
That's what I thought. I didn't see registration forms, my husband did all that. I hear read first posts, so was checking... if I misunderstood.
I have a 21 month old who im most concerned about, the rest of my kids will be fine, iyh.
Back to top

amother




Chocolate


Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:11 pm
There was no weekend last year. I went 2 years ago and had a really nice time. There's a great program for the ladies with a variety of interesting speakers. For the meals there was a choice of sep seating or a table for 2. I sat with DH which was really nice...
Motzei shabbos there was a fun program for ladies with crafts and then melave malka.
as far as you 21 month old, you may be able to bring him. They arrange for babysitting and I am pretty sure there were kids that age- not only little babies.
Back to top

amother




Sapphire


Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:09 pm
happy mommy6 wrote:
That's what I thought. I didn't see registration forms, my husband did all that. I hear read first posts, so was checking... if I misunderstood.
I have a 21 month old who im most concerned about, the rest of my kids will be fine, iyh.


I went 3 times and I'm really sad that this time we were not accepted ( I still hope for a miracle) last time I went my baby was 19 month old and he was one of the oldest baby's because they only accept nursing baby's and how many 19 month old still nurse. It was a little uncomfortable to come in with such a big baby.

But the shabbos is something that stays with you for a long time
Back to top

amother




Scarlet


Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
I went 3 times and I'm really sad that this time we were not accepted ( I still hope for a miracle) last time I went my baby was 19 month old and he was one of the oldest baby's because they only accept nursing baby's and how many 19 month old still nurse. It was a little uncomfortable to come in with such a big baby.

But the shabbos is something that stays with you for a long time

What does it mean you didnt get accepted? I thought you can just apply and register no? You need to get accepted?
Back to top

happy mommy6




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:36 pm
My husband dirshu kollel gave a number of subsidized rates... maybe that's what she means?
Back to top

amother




Sapphire


Post  Wed, Jan 09 2019, 12:50 am
happy mommy6 wrote:
My husband dirshu kollel gave a number of subsidized rates... maybe that's what she means?


You got it. I would pay the full amount too its worth every penny, but dh lost his job Crying
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
>80% cotton shabbos and everyday shirts tops
by amother
0 Today at 12:50 am View last post
Place to stay in kgh for shabbos
by amother
1 Today at 12:13 am View last post
Wedding/Shabbos outfit in Brooklyn- BP
by amother
0 Yesterday at 9:30 am View last post
Latest games and toys for Shabbos, for boys aged 3-15?
by amother
11 Sun, Jun 23 2019, 8:15 pm View last post
Motzai shabbos hot food from center fresh BP
by amother
6 Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:09 pm View last post

Jump to: