Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Ikea Bed Linens

gibberish

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 4:28 pm
Does anyone on this board have Ikea bed linens? If yes, how have they lasted?
I see that the thread count on most sets is quite low. Did it become full of holes or did it wear well?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 4:44 pm
Yes I have for my own room and the kids room. My linen is a nicer quality but both sets I've gotten wrinkle a lot. So if it will bother you to have creased linen them it's not the best choice. I'm happy with it though. I only have the duvet covers and pillow cases I bought coordinating sheets in Target.

Lady Bug

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 4:47 pm
I have sheets from them. They tore at the seams right away. The duvet cover sets last nicely but wrinkle like crazy.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 4:59 pm
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/prod.....3289/

I have this set for my girls room and has lasted 4 years so far!
no holes or rips

I will agree with everyone else that it gets super creased- much more than my other sets.
while in theory it does bother me to have creased linen but oh well.

Fox

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 5:14 pm
I have duvet covers and matching sham/pillowcases that I've used for about six years or so. They've held up very well and haven't faded.

At the same time, I bought a bunch of fitted bottom sheets at the grand price of $7 each. I know you will be shocked, absolutely shocked, to learn that they are threadbare.

No need to respond, "Fox, what were you thinking?" I think I get sensory overload at Ikea, resulting in some questionable decisions, such as the one that made me think $7 sheets were a swell idea.

So my experience is that linens that are a couple of steps up from the bottom price point are fine. I happened to get the duvet sets on sale, so they were still very reasonable, but they'd started out in the mid-range.

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 5:25 pm
I have crib sheets on my kids' toddler beds. They fit fine. They're soft enough and have held up to pretty heavy use for, I don't know, probably over a year. The elastic is great. The price is right. No complaints.

BayMom

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 5:30 pm
Linen for my son's bed are holding up very well; I have them for several years. Sheet sets for master bedroom are also doing great, over a year old.

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 5:49 pm
I have floral (blue with pink roses and check on the reverse) which I got a few years ago. They are holding up fine and are nice and soft. (I think they are one of the cheaper sets) I didn't get sheets from them.

mommyblogger

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:15 pm
I've had linens from ikea for about 5-7 years. Very happy with the quality.

Teomima

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:19 pm
I've had no problem with their bed linens. I get for my bed and for my kids'. They have several different quality levels but I always buy the cheapest I can find and have found their durability no worse than sheets I've bought elsewhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics