Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO delicious cutlets recipe using duck sauce or Apricot jam

Surprise

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 2:50 pm
I like that sweet flavor with my chicken cutlets or nuggets. Any good sweet recipes? Please share thank you!!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 2:55 pm
Here you go http://www.imamother.com/forum.....69251

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 3:12 pm
saute onion

cut up cutlets and place pieces in an 8x8 baking pan

put sauteed onions on top of chicken pieces

pour on a generous amount of duck sauce

bake (lightly covered) at 350 for around 40 minutes

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 7:42 pm
Chicken Schnitzel in Apricot Sauce

5 pieces chicken cutlet (5 half breasts)
flour
egg, beaten
cornflake crumbs
onion powder
garlic powder
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
4 ounce can of sliced mushrooms
10 ounce jar apricot jelly
½ cup ketchup
1½ tablespoons brown sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Dip cutlets into flour, then into egg (seasoned with seasonings to taste), then into cornflake crumbs. Place into pan well greased with Pam in single layer, not crowded. Spray each piece with more Pam. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

Lower oven to 325 degrees.

Make sauce. Sauté vegetables in a very small amount of oil. Add jelly, ketchup and brown sugar. Cook until jelly is melted. Pour over pre-baked cutlets and bake for another 40 minutes (uncovered) at 325 degrees.

Once finished, it may be combined into several layers in one pan and reheated that way.

Reesa

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 7:48 pm
Mix mayo and duck sauce. Dip cutlet in mixture and then cornflakes crumbs. Fry (or bake with oil on it)
Its heavenly and so easy!!

allcuteonesrtak

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 2:17 pm
simplest recipe ever.. from ra mom I think.. I make it so often!

Combine 1 part barbecue sauce and 2 parts duck sauce, pour over seasoned chicken and bake.

smss

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 11:32 pm
OOTBubby wrote:

flour
egg, beaten
cornflake crumbs
onion powder
garlic powder
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
½ cup ketchup

Dip cutlets into flour, then into egg (seasoned with seasonings to taste), then into cornflake crumbs. Place into pan well greased with Pam in single layer, not crowded. Spray each piece with more Pam. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

Make sauce. Sauté vegetables in a very small amount of oil. Add jelly, ketchup and brown sugar. Cook until jelly is melted. Pour over pre-baked cutlets and bake for another 40 minutes (uncovered) at 325 degrees.

Once finished, it may be combined into several layers in one pan and reheated that way.

Bump. OOTbubby, does this freeze well? Can I use crushed rice krispies or rice chex instead of the cornflake crumbs?

OOTBubby

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 9:12 am
smss wrote:
Bump. OOTbubby, does this freeze well? Can I use crushed rice krispies or rice chex instead of the cornflake crumbs?

Freezes beautifully. The only other coatings that I have used are breadcrumbs or matza meal, so I don't about your other question. I will though note that with the highly flavored sauce you really don't taste the coating and can't tell what it is.

smss

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 10:07 am
Thank you!

jewishmom6

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:36 am
1 pkg chicken cutlets
2 cups crunchy french fried onions
1 cup Gold's duck sauce
PREPARATION
Coat chicken in duck sauce. Place in a single layer into a pan/baking dish. Cover with french fried onions.
Bake covered at 350 for 30-45 min.

funmother

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 3:09 pm
OOTBubby wrote:

Looks like a great recipe, would leave out the mushrooms but would love to try it. What can I use for a nice side dish to go together with this? No rice please. I need two one that freezes well but taste yummy fresh?

Mevater

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 3:39 pm
OOTBubby wrote:

flour
egg, beaten
cornflake crumbs
onion powder
garlic powder
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
½ cup ketchup

Has anyone made this without the sauce? How long would I bake the cutlets alone, if Im not making the sauce?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 3:58 pm
funmother wrote:
Looks like a great recipe, would leave out the mushrooms but would love to try it. What can I use for a nice side dish to go together with this? No rice please. I need two one that freezes well but taste yummy fresh?

You can do bow tie noodles with cabbage, that freezes well
Garlicky string beans
Mashed potatoes
Zuchinni, carrots and onion sautee (can freeze well too)
Orzo with whatever you like in it. Also should freeze ok

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 5:21 pm
Mevater wrote:
Has anyone made this without the sauce? How long would I bake the cutlets alone, if Im not making the sauce?

If you're just doing breaded boneless chicken breast, spray with oil and bake on a cookie sheet at 400 for 20 minutes if the cutlets have been pounded or sliced to half thickness, or 30 minutes for whole cutlets.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey