Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Toaster oven that fits a 9 x 13 pan

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:45 am
My beloved milchig oven is slowly dying after ten years:(
It was a Proctor and Silex that was about $30 IIRC.

I'm looking to replace it with something that will last for a while. I'm sure I'll have to spend more than $30, but I would like something that is not too expensive and not too heavy because I like to keep it in a cabinet and take it out when I need it.
It needs to be able to hold at least a 9 by 13.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

ETA I prefer a regular oven NOT a convection oven.

sky

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 10:15 am
I went through this recently. I had a proctor silex also which was great but I don't think they make it anymore.

The buzz has a great list of toaster ovens that fix 9x13 pans:
https://thebuzzexperience.com/.....aster

(In the end I got a 2 shelf convection oven \ toaster oven combo from Walmart. The only negative is that it doesn't take a large 12" round pizza pan that my old proctor silex took. It does a good job toasting and baking, but it is heavy and bulky and wouldn't be good for putting away. )

Maybe My Family

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 10:19 am
I actually find that convection toaster ovens bake better ....I once had a regular toaster oven and it took forever to bake a lasagne .... Threw it out after a few months .... But maybe it was a bad make or model

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 10:46 am
Thanks sky for the link!

Cutemom1 I would prefer a regular oven because not everything can be baked in a convection oven...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:01 am
Thank link is great!
I'd go with the Hamilton Beach $45 option that is just a toaster oven and not convection. I have good experience with Hamilton Beach slow cookers.

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:03 am
ra_mom wrote:
Thank link is great!
I'd go with the Hamilton Beach $45 option that is just a toaster oven and not convection. I have good experience with Hamilton Beach slow cookers.

Okay I'm going to loOk at it on a computer I'm actually also on the market for a slow cooker as well...
my junky one broke and I'm using a back up today for my pulled beef. The one I'm using today is a Toastmaster but it has a wierd smell and give the food a bit of a plasticy taste.

Any specific recs?

sky

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:12 am
My oven has a fan that can be turned on and off.

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:16 am
sky wrote:
My oven has a fan that can be turned on and off.

Are you saying that is a convection oven but when you turn off the fan it acts as a regular oven?

sky

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:50 am
I believe so. Because it takes 2 9x13 and its so tight or 2 pizza pies and they are so close together it needs the fan then to circulate the air.
But mine is big and bulky and heavy - its Oster Designed For Life 6-Slice Digital Toaster Oven - I got it for about $85 - it cooks a lot of food at one time, does a good job toasting.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 12:06 pm
FYI I have a convection full size convection oven range in my kitchen, that I only agreed to purchase because it supposedly has the option to turn off the convection. But I just don't like it the same way.

What size crockpot are you looking for?

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 1:12 pm
ra_mom wrote:
FYI I have a convection full size convection oven range in my kitchen, that I only agreed to purchase because it supposedly has the option to turn off the convection. But I just don't like it the same way.

What size crockpot are you looking for?

Not sure of the exact size but it should be able to fit 3-4 chicken bottoms nicely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics