Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Fish kirschenbaum guide to wedding management
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

booboo24

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 5:17 am
Does anyone else feel like this serial is shlepping along? Each week when I come cross it I say this serial still hasn't ended yet. I enjoyed it in the beginning, now I just skim through it.

Reesa

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 6:32 am
Yes. I feel the same way. Nothing much happens in the storyline. It's getting boring to read. She writes really well but the content is boring me now. Time to end it.

booboo24

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 6:59 am
Reesa wrote:
Yes. I feel the same way. Nothing much happens in the storyline. It's getting boring to read. She writes really well but the content is boring me now. Time to end it.

Feel the exact same way. It's getting boring

pizza4

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 7:07 am
Nope. I still turn to it the first thing. Love it till the last drop.
I mean, it's obviously after the clim@x of the story, but I love how Fish is finding himself. I'll be sorry to see the end. I'll miss fish and estee and zell and lazer and mrs zimmerman and mrs blum and even david.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 9:36 am
Yes, I also feel it is dragging.

Hatemywig

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 9:55 am
and I thought it was only me. I read it every week, hoping for something exciting to happen, that hasn't happened in a while. Which makes me wonder, what exactly is the message and/or punchline of this story?

momofqts

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 10:07 am
Well written. Some great points in there about relationships. But way too long

booboo24

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 8:46 am
Hatemywig wrote:
and I thought it was only me. I read it every week, hoping for something exciting to happen, that hasn't happened in a while. Which makes me wonder, what exactly is the message and/or punchline of this story?

I totally thought the whole point of the story was his relationship with David and his son as a bully. The story has kind of moved past it and now what? I also think every week it's going to end and I'm suprised it hasn't yet

Scotty

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 9:02 am
Oh wow! Thanks for your interest, everybody!

:-)

Can't say much without knocking over the dominoes a chapter or three too early, but... don't fall for that false sense of complacency Fish is giving off, is all I'm saying.

Man. I *really* can't say anything. Oho, this is gonna be fun. The clues are all right there if you know where to look!!

(Okay, the Editors are probably gonna hate me for this but I can't resist:)
Hold on to your hats, ladies, because we are about to go BOOM-- quite literally, I'm afraid.

Oooh, that was too much. Okay, scurrying away now.

Just ...don't say I didn't warn ya, okay?

See you Monday!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 9:12 am
I'm four weeks behind because it just got too boring to read. Is it worth it for me to catch up and see what is going on.

I live in Lakewood and the Voice of Lakewood has two serials in it that I look forward to every week and this is a free paper.

Please someone let me know if I should catch up or not?

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 9:49 am
The characterization is amazing. You feel like Fish, Esti, Zell and Mrs. Blum are people you know. But the plot isn't really advancing much. I guess she's modeling herself more on Jane Austen than on Robert Ludlum. But it's time for some of the plotlines to be wound up already. Great book, taking too long to finish.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 10:13 am
Scotty wrote:
Oh wow! Thanks for your interest, everybody!

:-)

Can't say much without knocking over the dominoes a chapter or three too early, but... don't fall for that false sense of complacency Fish is giving off, is all I'm saying.

Man. I *really* can't say anything. Oho, this is gonna be fun. The clues are all right there if you know where to look!!

!

Ok, the real question: How long after it's over will it become a book? Will The Grey Coats or whatever it's called ever make into book form for us non-subscribers? Please?

boysrus

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 12:10 pm
Scotty, I love this serial! And I am a very discerning reader. I dont feel like its dragging too much. I will be very sorry when its over. I love Fish, and Jack, but I just cant stand David Silver.... cant wait to see what happens in the end

Roots

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 12:19 pm
absolutely love it

flower200

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 1:10 pm
I love it too. I get the Binah just for this serial.

penguin

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 1:20 pm
I debate with myself every week. Turn first to Fish? Or be a grownup and read the whole magazine in order?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 3:13 pm
I think something major is going to happen with tzedaka yankel, not as innocent as he looks, maybe?

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 3:16 pm
penguin wrote:
I debate with myself every week. Turn first to Fish? Or be a grownup and read the whole magazine in order?

Wait... grownups are supposed to read in order? Missed the memo.

penguin

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 3:18 pm
Quote:
Wait... grownups are supposed to read in order? Missed the memo.
I was merely referring to the ability to delay gratification being a possible sign of maturity.

But whatever floats your boat.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 3:25 pm
I'm feeling so left out. I only read the Mishpacha serials. I used to be so into them. Anybody else out there still remember Ruth & Batya? I always turned to the serial with that blushing, sheepish, slightly embarrassed look I'm guessing I'd have on my face if I was looking at a really unseemly type of magazine. They were my Friday night guilty pleasure and the characters literally seemed to be hanging out in my living room and on my front stoop. I miss those days... In the last while I just can't get into any of them. One is so awful I barely give it a glance. Anyone else feel the same way?
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room