Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Tips for training very bright and verbal 2 and six months DD

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 7:32 pm
I may have missed the ideal window, but I have got to get this kid trained and promoted from the baby class to the group of kids her own age. (She has outgrown her playgroup a long time ago but I couldn't dedicate myself to training due to complicated circumstances.)

I think a part of what's holding her back may be because I kept calling her "my baby" and she has absolutely no interest in stopping to be my baby, ever. I keep telling her that she will always be my baby even with a big girl panty, but so far nothing doing.

I put her on the toilet seat, and she can sit for hours with me, flipping through books, with no results. I tried filling her up with water and juice, and she held it in all morning, until she eventually left it in a puddle in a corner.

Any tips from veteran moms? My other kids were not half as strong-minded, and were all younger when I started.

Is there a kosher, clean book on the subject I can order from Amazon? Maybe that will help inspire her.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 8:53 pm
are you using a potty or the regular toilet ? some kids are afraid they will be flushed down along with the pee ...

really training has a lot to do with scheduling potty times: when you wake up, before you go to bed; before you leave the house & when you get to destination; before eating/after eating ... and in the midst of playing as the little ones get engrossed until it's too late to reach potty

also just get rid of the diapers as soon as she wakes up ... if she pees on the floor she 'helps' wipe it ... makes for awareness in training

good luck !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training