Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How to encourage DD to make #2 in the toilet?

newmommy1

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 12:00 pm
My 3 yo dd does pretty well with urinating but I think she's scared of making a bowel movement in the toilet. She'll announce that she has to make #2 and ask for a diaper. I've tried to convince her to make in the toilet (with incentives of reading a book or watching a video) but she refuses. I'm not sure if it's the right thing to tell her that diapers are only for night. I don't want her holding it in. I also don't want to pressure her if she's not ready. Any advice?

mommy9

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 12:16 pm
I had the same thing with my son last year. I started with a potty and slowly switched to sitting on the toilet with his feet on a stool. Maybe it will help not to flush in front of her. Sometimes they feel like a part of them is going down the toilet

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 1:52 pm
Following.

I have the same thing with my son. Hes trained for around 2 months but he refuses to go for #2 on the toilet. He did it once and I made a huge thing out of it but he hasnt done it since.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 2:22 pm
Following for my 2 yo dd. She pees in the big potty very well, and had pooped 2x on the little potty. Will not go on the big potty and saves poops for the diaper. Help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training