Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Courtesy busing Lakewood

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 1:15 pm
I'll be sending my first child to primary next year and I'm trying to work out all my other childcare arrangements now as well.

Obviously, there are no guarantees with courtesy busing, but I'm trying to work with the assumption that it will be similar to this year.

How to they calculate distance for courtesy busing? I just mapped it and actual distance to the school is .47 miles, but driving distance is .54 miles. Will that put me in the - too close not eligible at all group, or in the, if we can swing it we will group?

Thanks!

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 1:36 pm
Busing this year had nothing to do with courtesy vs non courtesy. It was all based on what school you're in. If things continue as is, if your daughter is going to a big school assume she'll have bus. If she's going to a new or small school, her chances are less. By now most small schools have some bus routes too though, but it has nothing to do with your distance to school.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 1:58 pm
I think you don't get reimbursed or any busing if you live less than .5 miles from the school, regardless of the school size (unless its a chassidish school with their own buses, but it could be they won't be reimbursed for your child).

I believe it goes by the shortest distance, either walking or driving, but I'm not sure.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 9:16 am
Thanks. It is a big school. So you are saying that I will probably have busing but I may need to pay for it? Is the distance mapped from my house, or from the bus stop?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children