Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Clean movie for kids?
1  2  Next

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 5:35 pm
Would appreciate recommendations for a good clean movie for preschool and 1st grade kids. Extra points if it's also educational!

RBK100

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 7:29 pm
Zootopia
Moana
Inside out
Finding memo

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 7:43 pm
Mary Poppins

esther11

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 8:13 pm
RBK100 wrote:
Zootopia
Moana
Inside out
Finding memo

I happened to have loved zootopia but it did have innuendo and some intense darker themes. Never saw moana. Love finding nemo and inside out!

wantavaca

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 8:32 pm
my kids watched homeward bound last night. they loved it. I actually caught my little son crying at the end lol

rachel6543

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 8:51 pm
I do not recommend Moana for pre-k and 1st grade. Moana is the latest Disney movie currently in theaters. For the first time ever I took my son (3rd grade) to the movies on a rainy day to see it with me. Several of the scenes are very intense and can be scary for little kids. A few times my son got really scared and wanted to leave. But then the scene would change (like a funny moment) and he was fine. After the movie was over, my son really did like it and wasn't scared anymore. Moana really is for older kids in my opinion.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 8:56 pm
My kids love watching the wheels on the bus it has all the nursery rhymes... Or little people but these aren't movies

trixx

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:15 pm
amother wrote:
Would appreciate recommendations for a good clean movie for preschool and 1st grade kids. Extra points if it's also educational!

can't believe no one yet said the magic schoolbus!

Moonlight

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:37 pm
Series:
Magic school bus
Little Einsteins
Berenstain bears
Movies:
Megillas Lester
Finding Nemo

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:44 pm
trixx wrote:
can't believe no one yet said the magic schoolbus!

I was thinking that but I think it may be a little over the heads of most typical preschoolers. I know some very bright 5-6 year olds who appreciate it but not sure about average kids or younger kids, and even the ones who did appreciate it certainly missed a lot also.

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:45 pm
esther11 wrote:
I happened to have loved zootopia but it did have innuendo and some intense darker themes. Never saw moana. Love finding nemo and inside out!

What kind of darker themes? I didn't see it.

I think Inside Out is also for older kids. If the whole family wants to watch something together then it's a good choice, but for just preschool to first graders it will be lost on them.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:46 pm
seeker wrote:
I was thinking that but I think it may be a little over the heads of most typical preschoolers. I know some very bright 5-6 year olds who appreciate it but not sure about average kids or younger kids, and even the ones who did appreciate it certainly missed a lot also.

My kids ages 3, 5 and 7 watch all the time and love love love it

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:50 pm
The red balloon
Charlottes web
Barney
Curious george
Arthur

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:51 pm
seeker wrote:
What kind of darker themes? I didn't see it.

I think Inside Out is also for older kids. If the whole family wants to watch something together then it's a good choice, but for just preschool to first graders it will be lost on them.

I agree that inside out is for older kids/adults
And
Zootopia is not for little kids. The pop-singer llama, the mafia guys, the wild animals attacking others .... not for kids

trixx

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 10:50 pm
Moonlight wrote:
Series:
Magic school bus
Little Einsteins
Berenstain bears
Movies:
Megillas Lester
Finding Nemo

Ugh I hate megillas Lester. I am so annoyed that they didn't just recreate the purim story, which would have actually filled a need. Instead it's a botched up, not funny and not hashkafically anything video that I would never show to kids.
For a great Jewish video - any of shazak stuff is still entertaining for that age. Young Abraham is great but the end with the furnace may be scary.

WitchKitty

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 1:43 am
RBK100 wrote:
Zootopia
Moana
Inside out
Finding memo

Moana would totally be to scary. Zootopia has some scary parts but in all is lovable. Finding Nemo is pretty good. Inside out has a great moral, I actually loved watching it. But I'm not sure how much of t kids will really grasp.

Moonlight

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 8:51 am
trixx wrote:
Ugh I hate megillas Lester. I am so annoyed that they didn't just recreate the purim story, which would have actually filled a need. Instead it's a botched up, not funny and not hashkafically anything video that I would never show to kids.

For a great Jewish video - any of shazak stuff is still entertaining for that age. Young Abraham is great but the end with the furnace may be scary.

That's funny, we love it!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:18 am
Please check the movies on IMDB parents guide and/or common sense.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:24 am
Monsters Inc.

Curious George

Dumbo

Chitty chitty bang bang

Laiya

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:04 am
Finding Dory
Inside out
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics