Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I need a bag that does it all

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 9:50 am
Please help me find a bag that can do all of the following:

be large enough to carry my purse, lunchbox, and laptop, a couple notebooks, and some other odds and ends

wheels and sturdy handle

has a special pocket to protect my laptop

Right now I have this one and it does all of that but it doesn't fit my lunch box.

https://www.amazon.com/Targus-.....lling

amother
White

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 12:22 pm
Can you clip a lunch bag onto the one you have?

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 1:19 pm
How would I do that? with Velcro or a hook? do you have an example you can show me?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 1:30 pm
amother wrote:
How would I do that? with Velcro or a hook? do you have an example you can show me?

White amother had a great suggestion.
There are all sorts of luggage straps out there, but here's one so you have a better idea.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch
You open the buckle, loop it through the handles of your bag and lunch box, and then click it shut.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 1:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:
White amother had a great suggestion.
There are all sorts of luggage straps out there, but here's one so you have a better idea.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch
You open the buckle, loop it through the handles of your bag and lunch box, and then click it shut.

This would work. Thank you. I wish there was a way to secure it on the sides or on bottom so my food doesn't bounce around.

Any ideas?

I know it sounds silly that I don't want to hold it but my parking lot is very far from my desk and I want a way to not shlep so much every morning

nicole81

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 1:40 pm
I've been looking for an amazing bag forever. I got this one, but I haven't used it yet https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 1:43 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I've been looking for an amazing bag forever. I got this one, but I haven't used it yet https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

That one does seem amazing. I need to make sure that back pocket is roomy though. It has to fit lunch and odds and ends.

When do u plan to use it? Can you report back? Very Happy

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 1:47 pm
I find that slinging another bag using those little straps doesn't help, because the bag slides around and ends up hanging backwards and dragging on the ground when I start walking. That being said, I'm usually slinging on something fairly large or unstructured. A small lunchbox might not have this problem, but if it does, you could probably solve it by using a small bungee cord, wrapped around and hooked onto itself, to secure the body of the lunchbox to the body of the main bag.

I totally hear you about wanting to minimize the juggling. Nothing like being able to transport one solid piece instead of klutzing around with multiple little bags.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 1:51 pm
zaq wrote:
I find that slinging another bag using those little straps doesn't help, because the bag slides around and ends up hanging backwards and dragging on the ground when I start walking. That being said, I'm usually slinging on something fairly large or unstructured. A small lunchbox might not have this problem, but if it does, you could probably solve it by using a small bungee cord, wrapped around and hooked onto itself, to secure the body of the lunchbox to the body of the main bag.

I totally hear you about wanting to minimize the juggling. Nothing like being able to transport one solid piece instead of klutzing around with multiple little bags.

Bungee Cord is a great idea. LOL. The security guards are going to laugh at me but I don't care.

Ok so if I don't end up buying that awesome bag Nicole linked I'm gonna do a bungee cord and a luggage strap. Thanks Everyone!

seeker

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 3:13 pm
I don't know what type of work environment you're in, if this would be un-classy, but wheeled backpacks meant for school are extremely roomy. The amount of stuff I've seen students get into and pull out of them is insane. Try Lands' End or something. Maybe they even have some adult-able colors.

nicole81

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 3:22 pm
seeker wrote:
I don't know what type of work environment you're in, if this would be un-classy, but wheeled backpacks meant for school are extremely roomy. The amount of stuff I've seen students get into and pull out of them is insane. Try Lands' End or something. Maybe they even have some adult-able colors.

Backpacks are amazing. Definitely not appropriate for my position, but the reason why I haven't given the bag I linked yet a try is because I started using a North Face backpack and OMG what an amazing quality of life change for me. Sure, I got a comment from my superior, but everyone is used to it from me by now. It fits everything I need so well carries plus my 2 giant coffee mugs in the side pockets, holds a change of shoes in the back netting, handles my lunch, etc. I could go on and on about my love for the backpack.

I'm not sure yet when I will try the new bag but I'll definitely report back when I do. Maybe I will force myself to embrace a bit more professionalism one of these days Smile

amother
White

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 3:23 pm
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S.....N6RQ7

Something like this?

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 4:45 pm
while I like the lunchbag white amother just posted (curious why people go amother to post a lunchbag suggestion--- lol)---- if I were you, OP, I'd minimize the space my lunch takes up and not go for a lunch BAG but for a flat, hard, non leakable product--- with separators inside.... shabbos is in 8 minutes so I can't look it up for you now but you could put that in sideways with notebooks and computer and not have to worry about a lunch bag.

Good Shabbos all!

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 4:46 pm
bento--- that's the word I'm looking for. I can post links after Shabbos unless someone else does first. bento box.

seeker

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 8:57 pm
even if it claims to be leakproof you'd better put your bento box into something additional. I wouldn't gamble my work papers and equipment on leakproof claims.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 3:23 pm
seeker wrote:

I dont need to look professional.

Can you link an example of a wheeled backpack? I thought what I have now was a wheeled backpack.

Thanks!

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 6:46 pm
What you have now IS a wheeled backpack, but you're saying it's not big enough for your needs. Search for ClassMate backpacks on LandsEnd.com, they have wheeled options and they are really roomy. The larger sizes all have padded laptop sleeves, and there is a "digital" version that may have more pockets.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 12:44 pm
seeker wrote:
What you have now IS a wheeled backpack, but you're saying it's not big enough for your needs. Search for ClassMate backpacks on LandsEnd.com, they have wheeled options and they are really roomy. The larger sizes all have padded laptop sleeves, and there is a "digital" version that may have more pockets.

Thank you!

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 1:18 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....p_hza

anyone know anything about this one?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics