Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Heat in kitchen

yedidya's mom

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 9:31 am
how do you keep the heat in your apartment at a tolerable level for a 3-day yomtov with the oven and a burner on? mykitchen is right next to my dining room so it makes everything soo hot.
on shavuos it got so bad that the oven fan I never knew we had turned on and we had to get a [gentile] to come turn off our flames.
any practical eitzah?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 9:58 am
I just leave on a plata (on a timer) but it doens't get the food hot enough quickly for the night meal, so I eat out....but that means no cooking, just warming up.

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 11:00 am
yup I can't stand the heat either ... never leave a blech on ... but sometimes on yom tov there is no way around it ...

mimsy7420

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 10:05 pm
Can you turn the heat up and down on your stove on yomtov? If you have to leave it on high all yomtov I would just leave the oven on and not the stove. You can heat up everything in the oven, even soup (in a pyrex).

If that isn't practical, you can get those new stand up fans (long thin ones) they work really well, better then the regular oscillating round ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur