Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Faiga Lakewood

puredaughter

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 6:44 am
We're moving to Lakewood in 6 weeks and want to transfer our daughter to Bais Faiga. Can anyone please advise me about how to get her in? I'm looking for very specific, urgent guidance so please pm me. Thank you!

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 7:20 am
Good luck. Its almost impossible to happen. Be open to other schools.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 8:53 am
I hope u realize how late it is to get your child into school. This process in lkwd can take months of begging, pushing and pulling. Unless u have really major pull.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 9:00 am
Bais Faiga is a great school, but they are at the point that they are usually full from siblings. When they have a few slots, there can be 50 people or more competing for those few slots. That being said, I have heard of people transferring into Bais Faiga when they moved from elsewhere. You never know if a particular grade has an open slot (maybe someone moved out of Lakewood from that class!)

I actually have a niece that transferred to Bais Faiga (from a different school in Lakewood). However they only took her - not her siblings - because that grade had a slot, and they had someone pulling for them so they got that slot. Believe me they begged them to take the other girls in the family, and they wouldn't budge.

As others have said, you will need pull. Do you know anyone in the Bais Faiga staff, like a principal, assistant principal, or teacher who has been there for a long time? That would be the best way to get insight as to the process.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 9:14 am
I agree with Chayalle and the amothers. If you tell us what you like about Bais Faiga specifically maybe we can help you figure out which other schools would work for you.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 4:17 pm
Do they have kindergarten?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 4:35 pm
amother wrote:
Do they have kindergarten?

No- most schools in Lakewood start with primary- which is the same as pre 1a. Some chassidish schools have kindergarten.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 4:36 pm
puredaughter wrote:
We're moving to Lakewood in 6 weeks and want to transfer our daughter to Bais Faiga. Can anyone please advise me about how to get her in? I'm looking for very specific, urgent guidance so please pm me. Thank you!

Op- which school did your daughter get into?

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 11:47 pm
amother wrote:
No- most schools in Lakewood start with primary- which is the same as pre 1a. Some chassidish schools have kindergarten.

At least a handful of the newer litvishe schools also have kindergarten. My daughter was in kindergarten last year

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 7:55 am
Op, did your dd get into Bais Faiga?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics