Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Cleanliness hotline

Love My Babes

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 9:44 am
I once had a phone number for a hotline (in NY) that gives one topic every day in organization or cleanliness. (it is a frum hotline.) I was wondering if anyone knows about it and can give me that number again. maybe tackeling one thing a day can really do something. thanks.

Mom2Three

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 10:36 am
Love My Babe wrote:
I once had a phone number for a hotline (in NY) that gives one topic every day in organization or cleanliness. (it is a frum hotline.) I was wondering if anyone knows about it and can give me that number again. maybe tackeling one thing a day can really do something. thanks.

This one? 718-303-4386

Love My Babes

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 11:34 am
Thank you! I didnt think I would get a response so fast!

hbeseder

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 10:35 pm
I feel somewhat uncomfortable doing this, but I'm glad to see the Homemakers' Homework Hotline discussed so positively on this site.

Apparently the Hakol Beseder book has been discussed too. Sweet of you guys, really. It's seldom that we receive feedback that is obviously sincere. At least I'd like to believe that this is sincere, since apparently we weren't being addressed with any of these.

We've also started a blog. 'Started' being a key word. It hasn't really gone into effect yet. There are issues with bringing this program to the internet, and some of the reactions might not be too pretty. But you can check it out and tell me what you think. homebeseder.blogspot.com

FYI - Hakol Beseder will be starting workshops iyH immediately after Succos. To find out more call 718.303.4386 and press 1 twice to leave a message. Leave your name, number and your location - for workshop coordinating purposes. We'll get back to.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,
HB

Mom2Three

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 10:45 pm
hbeseder wrote:
I feel somewhat uncomfortable doing this, but I'm glad to see the Homemakers' Homework Hotline discussed so positively on this site.

Apparently the Hakol Beseder book has been discussed too. Sweet of you guys, really. It's seldom that we receive feedback that is obviously sincere. At least I'd like to believe that this is sincere, since apparently we weren't being addressed with any of these.

We've also started a blog. 'Started' being a key word. It hasn't really gone into effect yet. There are issues with bringing this program to the internet, and some of the reactions might not be too pretty. But you can check it out and tell me what you think. homebeseder.blogspot.com

FYI - Hakol Beseder will be starting workshops iyH immediately after Succos. To find out more call 718.303.4386 and press 1 twice to leave a message. Leave your name, number and your location - for workshop coordinating purposes. We'll get back to.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,
HB
I will check out the blog. I've been trying to find how to get a copy of the book but haven't found it anywhere online.

happyone

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 10:54 pm
what is hakol beseder?

hbeseder

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 11:15 pm
Hakol Beseder is a fun approach to housekeeping.

It initially started as a hotline (Homemakers' Homework Hotline 718.303.4386) where tips and ideas were mentioned, and then discussed in detail in the (at that point weekly) conference calls.

The newsletters soon followed, and when we couldn't keep up, we reformatted it all into a book. It's a systemized, effective, amd most importantly - easy approach to housekeeping.

I'd go into it, but the hour is late - and the information is just sooo much.
Call - or read the book, you might find it enjoyable. Very Happy

HB

hbeseder

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 11:17 pm
HB[/quote] I will check out the blog. I've been trying to find how to get a copy of the book but haven't found it anywhere online.[/quote]

If you are interested in a copy of the book, I can always mail it. Email me at hbeseder@gmail.com.

More than anything though, I'd love to know which community is expressing interest, but does not have it in a local shop yet. Please do drop me a line.

HB

amother

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 6:59 am
are there any stores in boro park that do sell it?

Squash

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 7:08 am
I think Kodesh on 13th avenue sells it

Maya

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 7:09 am
Eichler's definitely sells it. Probably most Judaica stores. I've even seen it in some pharmacies.

hbeseder

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 7:57 am
In BP the book is available at Ari's, Eichler's, Flohr's, Kodesh, and Shloimy's Judaicas.

Squash

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 8:00 am
btw, where r u having the workshops and how much $$? I'm in bp and would be interested. I've read the book and it sounds great.

hbeseder

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 8:11 am
Workshops in BP are starting immediately after Succos iyH.
Email me at hbeseder@gmail.com

I was advised to remove my phone number from this site. But I'll gladly give you my number via email.

Tziri
HB

Last edited by hbeseder on Tue, Sep 25 2007, 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

creativemommyto3

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 8:27 am
anywhere on 16th ave, my father works at ohel,I want to ask him to pick it up for me.

karen berzon

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 12:11 pm
does anyone know if the book is still availabe in Eichlers?

hbeseder

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 7:59 pm
The book is indeed available at Eichler's... unless they very recently ran out of it. Also available nearby at Kodesh, and Flohr's.

Good luck shopping!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics