Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Shake N Bake...can I coat today and cook tomorrow?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 1:02 pm
I will not have time erev Shabbos to coat the chicken. Is it a problem if I coat today and just throw into the oven right before Shabbos? Will chicken get soggy if it stays in the fridge overnight and is not baked till Friday?
Also if I bake the coated chicken today, will it taste pretty ok on Shabbos, or day old Sad
Your opinions, please.

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 1:15 pm
It will not taste good. I've eaten leftovers of shake and bake the next day and they taste like leftovers. The chicken itself is okay but the skin is terrible.

How much extra time can it possibly take to put chicken in a bag and shake it? It's already a short cut.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 1:20 pm
amother wrote:
I will not have time erev Shabbos to coat the chicken. Is it a problem if I coat today and just throw into the oven right before Shabbos? Will chicken get soggy if it stays in the fridge overnight and is not baked till Friday?
Also if I bake the coated chicken today, will it taste pretty ok on Shabbos, or day old Sad
Your opinions, please.

Yes you can coat today and bake tomorrow and it will taste fine

Ive even coated and the froze raw to bake at a later date

heidi

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 1:23 pm
Actually, many schnitzel and crumb coated chicken recipes call for leaving the breaded schnitzel/chicken in the fridge for several hours before frying/baking.
It'll be delicious!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 1:32 pm
I've done it many times and it tasted exactly the same. Just spray it with a lot of Pam when you bake it.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 1:47 pm
amother wrote:
Yes you can coat today and bake tomorrow and it will taste fine

Ive even coated and the froze raw to bake at a later date

I do this all the time. Comes out great.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen