Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for place in Monsey this Shabbos

Aviva A

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 7:48 pm
Hi,

I need to stay in Monsey for Shabbos, does anyone one of a place to stay (in the briarcliff/Hilltop/CameoBridge area).

We have 3 kids (two young girls and one little boy), 2 rooms are enough. We're eating the meals out. We're looking for a house that's empty or has a separate entrance.

We're coming to Monsey Friday afternoon and leaving Motzei Shabbos.

We want to pay.

doctorima

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 9:04 pm
I hope you find a place, but realistically, the Internet is a scary place, especially with this being your first post, and the odds of somebody responding and opening up their house to a stranger is quite unlikely (esp. on a Thursday night). If there's a local Rav who knows you and can vouch for you, I would suggest including that information. Otherwise, you may have better luck on Shabbat.com, or worst case, see if there's a hotel in the area.

Aviva A

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 9:59 pm
You're right. I thought that as well until I saw many such posts identical to mine on imamother (I saw at least five random such requests & replies of people looking for a place to stay in Monsey for Shabbos, on imamother). Also, I'm looking to RENT it for Shabbos, (not to shnurr a favor). Last thing I knew that's a pretty normal thing to do. To rent someone's vacant house fpr the weekend. Also, I didn't forbid any interested party from asking my name, obviously whoever is interested in doing it we'll PM each other and exchange names and any other relevant information and even speak over the phone if they wish. This kind of posts exists all over imamother and many many frum newspaper outlets, and there's a standard procedure in place to follow through, via both sides communicating with each other.

Whatever...I'll look somewhere else. I'll be fine be"z. Thanks for being so kind and welcoming.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:43 pm
It's been asked many times, and the askers frequently receive the same response you did.

It's basic common sense.

Some other ideas:

Ask your hosts for suggestions.

Try airbnb.

Ilovemaryland

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:44 pm
There is the mansion
I read about it here
Do a search
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics