Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Question for mothers of Lakewood high school girls
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 17  18  19  Next

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 8:28 am
Oros, bais yaakov , bais shaindel, bais kaila, bnos bais yaakov. What else is there besides the chassidish ones. What is yesodos?

chayayehudis

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 8:32 am
I think it used to be called Ateres Batsheva and they switched the name

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 8:44 am
I heard someone mention bnos tzippa, what is that

L K

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:08 am
amother wrote:
Oros, bais yaakov , bais shaindel, bais kaila, bnos bais yaakov. What else is there besides the chassidish ones. What is yesodos?

Hey, that's five!

keym

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:10 am
Theres also Shiras Devorah (Bais Tovas school) and Meon (Bnos Melechs high school.)

kjb

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:14 am
Don't live in Lakewood so this is really none of my business and I'm not bashing. But I was wondering - if you get your first daughter into a school you like, will that school then favour her siblings when in comes to their turn, or do you have to go through this with every daughter? Any way, wishing the best for anyone still waiting for an answer.

benny

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:23 am
Yes siblings are more or less in.

benny

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:24 am
And yes there are more than 4 choices but most ppl applied to the same 4 schools as some of the others either aren't so stable yet or are much more to the right and that's not for everyone.

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:30 am
Chayalle wrote:
Yes, and every year new elementary schools have a graduating class, increasing the numbers of 8th graders that need a high school....Lakewood desperately needs more high school options that people are happy and willing to consider.

How do you do that?

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
I heard someone mention bnos tzippa, what is that

That's an elementary school.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 10:06 am
Cmon be nice wrote:
How do you do that?

No magic answer.

Sometimes an existing elementary school will add a high school, and people feel secure in the student base and solid administration. For example, Shiras Devorah is affiliated with Bais Tova and attracts a similar crowd, and has a natural flow of students from BT. I know there's talk of Bnos Devorah opening a high school, though that hasn't happened yet.

Other times it takes alot of grit on behalf of both those opening a high school and the first parents. Sometimes working with an existing high school when setting their policies helps their success. Oros is an example of this - the administrator of Oros told me that BK administration helped him tremendously when he started his school. I'm sure it wasn't easy in the beginning, but by now Oros is an established school with sought-after slots....

I think Ateres Batsheva/Yesodos has a great staff, but they need people to give them a parent/student body to be successful. People are afraid to be that parent/student, especially as there have been other attempts at new high schools that folded, which is very tough on teens....

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 10:09 am
kjb wrote:
Don't live in Lakewood so this is really none of my business and I'm not bashing. But I was wondering - if you get your first daughter into a school you like, will that school then favour her siblings when in comes to their turn, or do you have to go through this with every daughter? Any way, wishing the best for anyone still waiting for an answer.

Yes, when my 2nd daughter was applying to high school, all it took was a quick phone call to my oldest daughter's high school, and she did not have to apply anywhere else.

On the flip side, if a 2nd daughter is different and wants other options than her older sister, or her older sister's experience was not ideal, it can be VERY tough to get her into another school, as she already has an option.

B"H for us, our first choice of high school was great for both of our daughters so far.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 10:32 am
As a mother of a girl in yesodos bais yaakov I just want to say that it's an amazing warm school with great staff and the 9th grade class from last year and the new one coming in are all very good girls from very good families.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 1:14 pm
amother wrote:
As a mother of a girl in yesodos bais yaakov I just want to say that it's an amazing warm school with great staff and the 9th grade class from last year and the new one coming in are all very good girls from very good families.

I'm so thrilled to hear that. Lakewood needs more high schools desperately.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:09 pm
Just checking in to let everyone know my amazing daughter BH got into the high school we wanted after loads of calls and tefillah. Now have to pray she adjusts and has a great high school experience!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 6:56 am
amother wrote:
Just checking in to let everyone know my amazing daughter BH got into the high school we wanted after loads of calls and tefillah. Now have to pray she adjusts and has a great high school experience!

I was thinking of you! Thanks for letting us know. Wishing her a very successful and happy high school experience, and lots of Nachas to you.

Emotional

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 7:12 pm
amother wrote:

Mazel tov! Are you comfortable telling us which school?

hotzenplotz

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 11:44 am
yesodos

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 3:30 pm
Reviving it. I've done research over the years but now that it's becoming more imminent, some very new information started trickling in, in contrast to my old info.

Is it true that Bais Kaila started becoming more yeshivish?

ETA: what is bnos Bais Yaakov currently like; what kind of girls go to Yesodos. any other schools mentioned upthread changed or new schools opened?

benny

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 3:57 pm
Absolutely
Page 10 of 19   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 17  18  19  Next Recent Topics