Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Question for mothers of Lakewood high school girls
  Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 17  18  19  Next

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 10:08 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Not sure when we are getting answers so can't help with that!
But keep in mind....
Most schools are great! Whatever you think make sure to let your daughter know that everything is bashert and you will be very happy wherever she's accepted!
It might sound like weird advice but I really believe that the girls that are miserable is because they have their eyes set on one high school and NO OTHER!!!
I know they're not all the same but most could work with every girl!
(Doesn't mean you won't try to get in elsewhere if it's not a good choice but your daughter doesn't need to know that!)

I called to follow up with a h.s. principal after the interview and she told me that no matter where she gets in Hashem will make sure she's in the best place for her. I figured that was her way of saying no in a nice way. That night we got called by another school which dd got into. It wasn't our first choice at all, and dd wasn't happy when she heard, but the idea grew on her and now she won't be disappointed if she doesn't get in anywhere. It wasn't her first choice, but Hashem knows what he's doing.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 11:54 am
Any news?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:05 pm
Ok so someone overheard one schools office staff that’s they’re sending out letters today.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:10 pm
Anyone get a letter yet???

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 10:59 pm
Bump

I heard at least a few schools got answers today. Anyone that got please list what schools!

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:53 pm
Just got one from bais kayla high school!
My daughter is a sibling!

ces

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 1:30 pm
I see on my usps dashboard that we have envelopes from multiple schools. I'll have to wait for them to be delivered after 4 pm to see what's in them!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 5:38 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Just got one from bais kayla high school!
My daughter is a sibling!

I'm a Bais Kaila parent (I'm actually the original OP of this thread). I am SO HAPPY with every aspect of this school.
Just curious - if your daughter is a sibling, were you concerned? I mean, BH you knew where she was going, no?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 5:38 pm
ces wrote:
I see on my usps dashboard that we have envelopes from multiple schools. I'll have to wait for them to be delivered after 4 pm to see what's in them!

Nu?????

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 5:43 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I'm a Bais Kaila parent (I'm actually the original OP of this thread). I am SO HAPPY with every aspect of this school.
Just curious - if your daughter is a sibling, were you concerned? I mean, BH you knew where she was going, no?

No I wasn't concerned, I didn't apply anywhere else!
Just letting people know because if I got my answer then everyone else's is also on the way!!! Wink

amother
Puce

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 7:26 pm
Letters from bais Kaila and Oros

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 7:31 pm
ces wrote:

A shame that USPS can't show you how thick the envelopes are. Smile

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:08 pm
Shiras Devorah also gave out answers today.

lkwdgirl

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:44 pm
My daughter and a good part of her class were “put” in a school they didn’t apply to. There’s NO WAY we would ever have my daughter go there. Unfortunately the principals don’t care and the Vaad is helpful but they’re busy with the numbers not finding out who people are. I’m soooo disgusted by the way it’s done!!! No wonder so many girls end up hanging by the lake and 7-11. They’re treated like shmattas

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:53 pm
I just hugged you. That was a real hug. This is such a hard thing to go through. I’m so sorry it’s coming down like this.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 12:00 am
lkwdgirl wrote:
My daughter and a good part of her class were “put” in a school they didn’t apply to. There’s NO WAY we would ever have my daughter go there. Unfortunately the principals don’t care and the Vaad is helpful but they’re busy with the numbers not finding out who people are. I’m soooo disgusted by the way it’s done!!! No wonder so many girls end up hanging by the lake and 7-11. They’re treated like shmattas

That’s so horrible what school was she put into? Was her whole class put into the same school? If you reject that school come September time the vaad will be forced to help you.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 12:06 am
We didn't get any letters. Does that mean DD isn't accepted or is it possible it will come tomorrow? Waiting mainly for Oros.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 12:11 am
Some people mail can come. Day later definitely check tomorrow’s mail. Did she speak to her friends did her friends get letters?

lkwdgirl

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 6:29 am
I prefer not to say where my daughter is but yesodos is the high school. I hear a lot of very nice things “for the right girl”. We are not the type that yesodos caters to. I’m so happy the girls who go there have a place but we are not that type(not judging just saying). Hatzlocha yo all the girls in Lakewood on this new journey in life.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 8:59 am
lkwdgirl wrote:
I prefer not to say where my daughter is but yesodos is the high school. I hear a lot of very nice things “for the right girl”. We are not the type that yesodos caters to. I’m so happy the girls who go there have a place but we are not that type(not judging just saying). Hatzlocha yo all the girls in Lakewood on this new journey in life.

It’s so hard what you are going through but don’t give up. If you
Strongly feel that the school isn’t for her then say no to yesodos and wait it out. A bunch of kids were pushed into yesodos and bnos Bais yaakov and over 100 kids still aren’t in high school. The vaad might ignore you now because they are busy with the kids that didn’t get into any school but eventually by July or August they will have to listen to you.

Stay strong and do what’s right for your daughter. Go to your family rav and explain why haskafically it isn’t for your daughter. Just stay strong and most improtant keep on davening. It will be a hard journey but keep focused and you will iyh get what You want.
Page 14 of 19   Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 17  18  19  Next Recent Topics