Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help my daughter just climbed out

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 10:10 pm
So my daughter 13mnth just casually walked into my room w/h a toy in her mouth shock I asked who took her out of the crib my husband said not him my son was out of the house I know I put her in shock She is the second one of my kids thats done that at this age the others never did. My husband will be drilling holes tonight thank -you so much to bas hashem for that idea to put at the lowest part of the crib possible.
However The trauma from b/4 is returning to me and I'm terrified and so scared. But I have to trust in Hashem and atleast she came to me and did not fall down 16 stairs since the baby gate was open. shock My nerves r frazzled now help!

Yael

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 10:25 pm
freilich, I feel for you, but dont worry Hashem will watch over your family!

a suggestion, it might make you feel better if you locked her into her room using a child gate so at least she cant wander the house in case she can climb out from the lower level too. just make sure her room is completely childproof and safe. and if she can get out of the crib she might be able to climb over the gate too, (my son can) so what you can do is use 2 gates, put one gate over the other. so the whole doorway from top to bottom is blocked. this way you can hear her if she cries and the air can circulate as opposed to closing her door.
good luck, try to relax!

shoy18

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 12:02 am
its scary when they do that but maybe you can put a moniter in the room so you can here when she climbs out. It may also be time to put her in a bed.

Yael wrote:
so what you can do is use 2 gates, put one gate over the other. so the whole doorway from top to bottom is blocked.

isnt that a really big fire hazard???

sarahd

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 3:55 am
Didn't I read in a previous thread about a net or something that you can put over the crib that will stop your daughter from climbing out?

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 1:13 pm
A net or rather crib tent is awful reminds me of a trapped animal. Anyway for now I've babyproofed the twins room more, like taking out the change table and have lowered w/h the drill the crib mattress and am getting a screen door for thier room instead of the babygates and the reg door. This way I can still see them but atleast for now they won't be coming out say in the middle of the night. I always have a monitor so thats no problem b"h.
Anyway Thanks for all u'r replys hopefully I'll be ok, she just hit a raw nerve yesterday I think we have an athletess in the making. 8) B'h I was upstairs!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics