Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Need to buy carseat for 11 month old

purplesquare

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 8:25 pm
I need I front facing car seat for an 11th month old that is comfy and safe.

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 8:31 pm
graco safeseat 2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 11:49 am
I can't say this enough: a baby should not be facing forward till at least a year AND at least 20 lbs, preferably 30 lbs. The longer rear-facing, the safer.
I advise getting a convertible rear/forward facing seat that can be switched when legally allowed and medically safer...my son has an Evenflo Tribute 5, but I am not as happy with it as I once was due to issues with adjusting the straps.

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 3:10 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I can't say this enough: a baby should not be facing forward till at least a year AND at least 20 lbs, preferably 30 lbs. The longer rear-facing, the safer.

Being that we don't go in the car too often, this doesn't really come up that often. But, I am just wondering. My daughter who is almost 2 years old is not coming close to the 20 pound cutoff yet. Her legs throw hit the back seat...I thought once their legs are hitting the backseat and they are not comfortable then you can turn them around. (quite truthfully, my 4 year old is in the reversible car seat and I still have my baby in the baby carseat....this is due to the fact that we go in a car about 5 times a year :-)) and I am not going to buy another car seat...but just thought my mother had once said that.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 4:07 pm
Speak to your mother again Wink Recommendations have changed: it's better for them to be uncomfortable with squished legs than have bad whiplash from the neck. My son is about 27 lbs. and still is rear-facing; in our car he's a tad squished, in my f-I-l's he's very squished...so I guess every car and car seat is different, but the longer backwards, the better.
Your nephew was rear-facing till 3 when they realized 3 rear-facing car seats wouldn't work well.
Your daughter is not too tall for the baby car seat?!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics