Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Nuts and egg allergy

Sofia2

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 8:59 pm
My 2 year old has had excema since he was born and only recently I was told it might be an allergic reaction to something.

So- what do you know, he had a scratch test done and he's "very" allergic to peanuts, cashews, eggs and a little to soy. Now the doctor told me that the reaction on his back from the test was a 4+. He said he's not sure if he can't have things that contain these things, only things that are based on them. I am really confused.

He prescribed an Apipen. He's two and has had almost all products made with eggs, nuts etc and only had a bit of a rash on the face as a reaction. Can it suddenly escalate into something serious? Does anyone have experience in this?

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 9:24 pm
ZOFIT wrote:
Can it suddenly escalate into something serious? Does anyone have experience in this?

My son is highly allergic to dairy and I was also told that it could escalate. It went from vomiting to swelling in his face.

Nuts is not hard to keep them away from. Eggs are much harder but he is still young and won't notice much of a differnence.

I have a friend whos daughter she knew was allergic to fish but didn't think she was that allergic to it. A relative gave her daughter a tiny bit of fish and a few mintues later the little girl started wheezing and had to be rushed to the ER. The mother was so surprised because she just thought her daughter only reacted to ut by getting a rash and was surprised that it effected her breathing.

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 1:25 am
as all allergies go, the more you are exposed, the worse the reaction. so please be careful.

Marion

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 3:22 am
If he prescribed an Epi-Pen, there's a reason for it. Keep DS away from those things! (From a peanut-allergic mom of a peanut-allergic son.)

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 9:44 pm
allergies can and do get worse with continued exposure. (from personal experience). stay away from anything that contains any of his allergens. Epi pens are serious stuff. I have one for me and one for my son at all times.

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 9:53 pm
my DS is allergic to nuts too and I dont find it hard to keep him away from it. he used to be allergic to wheat, kept him away from it for about a year and b"h he outgrew it.

he b"h never needed an epi-pen, we dont even have one, just benadryl or in case he weazes, the nebuliser
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics