Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Bedtime routine

Seraph

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 3:33 am
Whats your complete bedtime routine with your kids, and at what age did you start it?

Abigail

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 3:43 am
I started my routine at 2.5 months (she’s now 3 months), well it goes like this at 6:15 I take her up for her bath put her on the floor in the bathroom get her undressed and let her have a good 10 min kick without her nappy on (obviously she has a towel over her so she does not get too cold). then I give her a 5 min bath, bring her into her dim lit room massage baby oil on her, dress her, feed her, swaddle her and then bring her to our room (where she still sleeps) and sing shema and hamalach and twinkle while burping her and then I put her in her cot and she’s asleep by 7:00 till 11:00 when I wake her for a bottle and then straight back to sleep.
the truth is it depends a lot on what they did during the day like I wont let her have a nap 2 hours before I put her to sleep otherwise she wont sleep the night. but your baby is still so little its hard at that age to get a routine although it can be very good. good luck

Marion

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 5:59 am
It depends a LOT on which one of us is doing it, and whether or not we missed his cues as to how exhausted he is. Also, as he changes so does his schedule.

USUALLY he gets a bath, and into pjs (or at least a diaper and shorts), a bit of playing time in his room if he needs it. He has recently started bringing us a book (or 6) and cuddling up to us to have us read to him, but it doesn't usually last more than 2 pages (except for the Very Hungry Caterpillar...we get almost all the way through). Then we turn off the lights, sing hamalach hagoel, and put him in his crib and pull down the trissim. If he's not fidgety, we'll also sing b'shem Hashem and the birkat cohanim (I think it's Pirchei) while he's already in his crib.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics