Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O Do you want pics of women in the frum magazines?
Previous  1  2  3

If frum magazines include pictures of women?
I already subscribe and will keep my subscription  
 45%  [ 75 ]
I already subscribe and will cancel my subscription  
 5%  [ 9 ]
I do not subscribe and will start subscribing  
 9%  [ 15 ]
I buy occassionally and will continue to buy  
 24%  [ 41 ]
I buy occassionally and will stop buying  
 3%  [ 6 ]
I never buy but willl start buying occassionally  
 11%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 165

gold21

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 10:55 am
amother wrote:
Lol. Perhaps the audience, but not most of the posters. (Aside from the fact that there are also many right wing people who choose not to have internet at home.)

Depends on the thread, I guess, lol.

Imamother was more heavily leftist a few years ago, as I recall. A whole bunch of those posters are gone now.

So many incarnations of Imamother....

Initially heavily chabad, then heavily yeshivish, then heavily leftist, now heavily chassidish​.

It's a great opportunity to interact with so many different types of people!

Tongue Out

Last edited by gold21 on Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 10:56 am
dancingqueen wrote:
The area being referenced is a yeshivish area and posters who have self identified as yeshivish confirmed. I don't know it could be other rw communities as well that have a similar dichotomy but that's what I gleaned from that thread.

Not everyone in the city the Brazilian seeker lives in is the yeshiva, or was. Not that I'm assuming that all non-kolleleit have watched [filth], or gone beyond brief teenage viewing, which I don't condone at all but is not the same as habitual viewing.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 10:58 am
sky wrote:
Maybe we are thinking about different threads. the latest Brazilian Lakewood thread did not mention.

A. yeshivish
B. [filth].
C. Kallah Teachers
D. General Expectations.

It was one person asking about Brazilian waxes.

You extrapolated that if a man in Lakewood wants his wife to get a Brazilian wax he must:
A. Be Yeshivish
B. Watch [filth]
C. Kallah teachers encourage it

What a way to mess with the poor womens head.

Thanks. I was not planning to open that thread again to see what strange turns it must have taken.

ETA: And if a yeshivish woman posted on that thread under her sn are we to assume that her husband watches [filth]?
TBH, I have no dog in this fight. I don't get the whole Brazilian thing. I, for one, haven't got time for the pain Wink

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:05 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
I'm finding this thread interesting in light of the Brazilian thread. So there I learned it's expected that young yeshivish men will watch [filth] and women should groom themselves to live up to these expectations. But a completely tznius headshot of a very frum woman is beyond the pale in ultra orthodox home and men and their wives cannot handle it. It's an odd dichotomy.

Huh? How did you get this from that thread?

*I live in Lakewood
*DH is yeshivish
*he does not watch [filth]
*he does not get involved in my body waxing/laser choices.

But the OP of that thread mentions nothing about her husband, other than that he wants her to do Brazillian.

Lakewood is a big, DIVERSE city.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:07 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
My point was that if it's accepted that men will see the most inappropriate pictures of women possible, but any tznius picture of a rebetzin can't be in a frum home that only sends the message that women can only be relations objects. They exist to be titilating to men and that makes me sad.

I agree with this, actually. I don't get why we can't have pictures of Rebetzins, or just plain frum women, in frum magazines, especially ones that are specifically geared to women. OK, so have a review committee to make sure they are tznius, do it right, and be done with it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics