Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Arrests in Israel-s@x crimes

elisheva25

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 10:17 am
Ynet article about s@x crimes
http://www.ynetnews.com/articl......html

mom4many

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 10:49 am
As if the police/courts do anything.
I also read an article in ynet how Israel is a haven for pedophiles, because they're usually let off Scot-free.

Maryann

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 10:51 am
im happy to see this is being taken care of- these people are ruining other peoples lives

and when the police get involved it scares/stops other people from doing these terrible things too

treestump

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 11:57 am
Systematic cover up of abuse is a sign of a deeply troubled society. Sad

Last edited by treestump on Mon, Mar 27 2017, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

oliveoil

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 12:11 pm
And yet they refuse to extradite malka leifer...

Maryann

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 1:57 pm
oliveoil wrote:

yes ...very sad

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 2:08 pm
Maryann wrote:
im happy to see this is being taken care of- these people are ruining other peoples lives

and when the police get involved it scares/stops other people from doing these terrible things too

If you think this problem 'is being taken care of' you didn't read the article.

IBID, "...In most cases, the suspects were ordered to seek some kind of treatment from within the community," police said, while "dozens of victims did not receive the necessary treatment."...

IBID, "...In Jerusalem, members of the suspects' communities tried to prevent the arrests, yelling at officers and stoning them, shattering windows on two police cars, police said."...

IBID, "...A police spokeswoman told AFP that none of the people involved in documenting and concealing the felonies had been arrested at this stage."...

Maryann

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 2:17 pm
yes sorry I didnt read the full article
but anyway what I meant to say is when people hear that police are after such pple then pple are scared to do such things (not that they completely stop)
if they see the police/ authorities arent doing anything then the abusers go and do their work happily and in multitudes unfortunately

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 2:28 pm
Maryann wrote:
yes sorry I didnt read the full article
but anyway what I meant to say is when people hear that police are after such pple then pple are scared to do such things (not that they completely stop)
if they see the police/ authorities arent doing anything then the abusers go and do their work happily and in multitudes unfortunately

Doing the same thing over and over again the same way and expecting different results is insanity. Truly catch and release for frum molesters in Israel and the US isn't working. We arrest them here in the US and they just go to Israel.

PassionFruit

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 9:28 pm
Puke

sequoia

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 9:37 pm
It's not just frum molesters! It's ALL Jewish molesters.

People forget this.

After the s-x scandal at the prestigious Moscow math and science school #57, the perpetrator fled to Israel. Why wouldn't he? Why risk getting arrested? He's Jewish; Israel is a great option!

When did Eretz Hakodesh become a haven for child rapists from all over the world?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 9:38 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
If you think this problem 'is being taken care of' you didn't read the article.

IBID, "...In most cases, the suspects were ordered to seek some kind of treatment from within the community," police said, while "dozens of victims did not receive the necessary treatment."...

IBID, "...In Jerusalem, members of the suspects' communities tried to prevent the arrests, yelling at officers and stoning them, shattering windows on two police cars, police said."...

IBID, "...A police spokeswoman told AFP that none of the people involved in documenting and concealing the felonies had been arrested at this stage."...

The community and its actions disgust me, no doubt. I won't say what I really think about the actions quoted above because it wouldn't be proper to say how I really feel, on this site.
But when it says that the suspects were ordered to seek treatment within the community, this is obviously one of the crimes that took place in the past and the police are trying to right the wrongs, starting with these arrests.
Let's see how this all plays out to know for sure. But we can still hope that the police will uncover, arrest, convict, and implement a no tolerance policy for this evil.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 7:22 am
oliveoil wrote:

There is progress in the case. It took too long, and that they are finally doing something doesn't excuse previous inaction, but things are moving now.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....tion/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics