Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How to get dd to make#2 in bathroom

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 4:29 pm
she asked to go urine but jumps off toilet as soon as she is done. then a few min later when she goes back to playing she does # 2 in panties how can I get her not to jump off & sit for a few min I tried already with books

ProudMommy3

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 8:11 pm
A חינוך expert (who's also a "toilet training expert)" in E"Y suggested the following when one of my kids had this problem: pack BIG pekalach @ a time & place that you know they'll see & notice. But don't tell them what you're doing. Eventually, they'll ask you what the pekalach are for. You answer very nonchalantly, "They're for when big boys and girls make #2 on the toilet." Finish packing them up & put them somewhere out of reach, but still visible. When you see DC abt to make or you think needs to make #2 but hops off the toilet after #1, you can nonchalantly remind them that you have those pekalach for big boys & girls who make #2 on the toilet. When DC succeeds, you give them the pekalah. I made for my other child & let DC share with a sibling. It was instant success for my DC who was petrified of going #2 on the toilet. One pekalach & we were done!

sourstix

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 8:17 pm
Very interesting. Though you can buy this child a nosh you know she likes and put it away showing it to her so she sees it like above poster.

I can't see my 2 yr old asking what they are for, though I know she'll ask for it. I guess that's the same.

sourstix

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 8:20 pm
Can you give her a snack to eat while she's sitting there to keep her from running off? Music? What does she like? Play something with her there?

country

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 8:28 pm
I couldn't get my 3 year old to even make number 1. If I took away her diapers she would just not pee once for 26 hours. I finally broke the whole process down into baby steps.

only got a diaper when she needed to make had to stand in the bathroom when she made. as soon as she came out of bathroom took away diaper. Once she was comfortable with that. she had to make sitting on the toilet with the lid down with her diaper on. next sitting on the toilet with the lid up with the diaper. she came off the toilet I took the diaper away. once she was comfortable with that make a big hole in the diaper didn't tell her. so when she made contents went into bowl. After a few days she forgot to ask me for diaper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training