Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How do you make side bangs stay to the side?

seeker

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 12:24 am
One of the reasons my wig drives me crazy is that it was cut with side bangs but they constantly fall into my face. What am I doing wrong? When I got the wig they showed me how to pin it into the styrofoam head with the bangs to the side and said that after a while of doing that, they would get "trained" to stay that way. Well, being that I only wear the thing about twice a year, they have stayed in the pins plenty and they still never stay anywhere. I usually end up holding them back with bobby pins which looks mildly dorky and there's always a piece that falls out eventually anyway.

Any tips?

asmileaday

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 12:38 am
It needs to be cut correctly and well texturized

seeker

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 12:46 am
Well the people who cut it have a great reputation... what does texturized mean?

kiryat sefer

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 12:47 am
There is something called pin curls its like a 1.5" clip you can buy it in the hair places or sewing places.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 1:05 am
Texturizing is a cutting method. A little hard to explain without showing you. It's sort of like internal layers.

seeker

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 1:33 am
Oh I think I know what you mean now. I'm pretty sure they did that too! That's with the strange-looking scissors? https://www.amazon.com/Suvorna.....9R8X2

fiji

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 4:45 am
I had this exact problem and no matter how I pinned it or how I sprayed it it the bangs would always fall into my face. I took my wig to a very well-known amazing wig person who I wouldn't have other wise give to. she felt that she needed to add more hair to the bangs and totally recut them. when she did that I haven't had any problems since and I love my wig!

groisamomma

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 9:12 am
I curl it up and pin it in place when I take it off, or for an hour in the morning if I didn't have time. When I take it down it falls into place.

If it's still really annoying I pin the bangs up to the top of my head for an hour or so and it then it definitely stays to the side when I take it down.

kiryat sefer

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 10:11 am
http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/.....w_wcB

STMommy

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 2:00 pm
Every time to take it off and put it on the head, use a T-pin to hold the bang in the place you want it - don't let it hang down over the 'face' overnight. You can 'train' the hair to stay how you want it to. Sounds crazy but it's true.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 2:10 pm
groisamomma wrote:
I curl it up and pin it in place when I take it off, or for an hour in the morning if I didn't have time. When I take it down it falls into place.

If it's still really annoying I pin the bangs up to the top of my head for an hour or so and it then it definitely stays to the side when I take it down.

What sort of pins? What do you mean by curling it up?

Shuly

Post Sat, Apr 01 2017, 8:20 pm
kiryat sefer wrote:
http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/devacurl-devaclips-root-liftin-curl-clips/4495798?cm_mmc=google-_-productads-_-Women%3AHairAccessories%3AHairtool-_-5273199&rkg_id=h-87d5926c81a66cc6db16acd5989ce315_t-1490969433&adpos=1o1&creative=57185062073&device=m&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjw_PfGBRDW_sutqMbQsmMSJAAMpUap_ol8omtmmAyksryi5maeqpYKb9bG0USFIrewIrBlFhoC58rw_wcB

These pins!

You have to curl the bangs back and pin them in place with these whenever you're not wearing the sheitel. Your sheitel macher should teach you how to do it. Also have her use a little hairspray after setting your sheitel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels