Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Pomegranate salmon

Rikola

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 6:28 pm
I made an awesome salmon recipe last week for yomtov. It's not exact, as I made it up as I was going along. It's a make-ahead recipe.

POM
rice vinegar
olive oil
S & P
fresh dill

Combine. Put salmon fillet in a glass baking dish and pour mixture over fish. Cover and marinate in refrigerator about a half hour. Place in 350 oven, bake till cooked thru. Mine was done in about 25-30 minutes. Let sit till cooled, put in fridge.

Serve cold the next day over pomegranate chopped salad. I made a salad of leaf lettuce, tomato, red pepper, cucumber, fresh dill and fresh Italian parsley. Chopped all ing's. Dress salad with a dressing of POM, rice vinegar, splash of lemon juice, fresh dill, S&P, and stream in olive oil. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, chopped hazelnuts and craizins over the salad, serve with fish.

It was awesome! Moist, flavorful and quite hard to mess up. I'll be adding it to my Rosh Hashanah repertiore.

Hannah!

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 6:58 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rikola

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 11:26 pm
Let's see ... for the marinade I'd say 1/4 cup POM to 2 TBSP rice vinegar, 1 TBSP oil, if that. If it were a different fish I'd add more oil but salmon is so fatty. This is in fact a complete guesstimate.

For the dressing, same amounts with the addition of about 1/2 a lemon's worth of juice. You can taste it as you go along, it's hard to get it wrong since pomegranate is such a mild flavor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics