Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Swingset recommendations NJ

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 6:50 pm
I am looking to get a good quality swing set. I would love to get a vinyl one, but its out of my budget. Which company offers great quality and prices?

-I am not limited by size because I have a large backyard
-requirements. minimum 3 swings, monkey bars, slide.
-would love something fun geared to a bit older child, but not necessary
-no metal bars. would get too hot from the sun

sky

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 7:00 pm
What is your budget? Are you trying to very economical and are you DIY type?

You can buy kits Where they give you all the hardware and instructions and you have to buy the wood. It comes out very economical - and you control the quality of the wood used.

you can get with some wood or no wood and then add add-ons like monkey bars.
As an example: https://www.swing-n-slide.com/.....-Kits
We have a set where you just add the 4x4s and it was a fraction of the cost of the other sets (ours has a 2 piece slide, if I were to do it again I would spend the extra on a solid slide).

Also Cosco has very nice swingsets if you are a member there.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 7:07 pm
We bought a vinyls set with 4 swings monkey bars and a slide from mr. fence located on the 9 in Howell ( about 15 mins from lakewood)
Love my set. Holding up beautifully

My neighbors that bought the wood ones ( Costco etc) have had issues with seinset splintering, needing to be refinished etc, mine looks brand new. Very worthwhile to spend a bit more .., ( I only spent about $1600 I think including installation...)

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 7:17 pm
Vinyl from swing it cost me 1783 including three swings and a 10 foot slide

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 7:31 pm
Thanks for the replies. My husband and I aren't handy. I would need it to be installed too.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 1:45 pm
amother wrote:
We bought a vinyls set with 4 swings monkey bars and a slide from mr. fence located on the 9 in Howell ( about 15 mins from lakewood)

My neighbors that bought the wood ones ( Costco etc) have had issues with seinset splintering, needing to be refinished etc, mine looks brand new. Very worthwhile to spend a bit more .., ( I only spent about $1600 I think including installation...)

Did you get a specific brand from me fence?
I wonder if they all come from the same company.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 8:01 am
amother wrote:

Are monkey bars bars metal?
Someone upthread mentioned they'd get hot, but aren't they all metal?

happyone

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 8:04 am
Check out rainbow. They are lifetime guaranteed and have huge selection with installers all over the states .

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 8:07 am
I have a wooden one from the Amish, Green Tree Woodworks. I have the model on the top left. I think it was $1,900. I added on to it so I paid more.
http://www.greentreeswings.com/gallery.html

doctorima

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 8:12 am
The Rainbow lifetime guarantee sounds wonderful, but do a quick Google search to see hundreds of complaints that they often blame the consumer for the problem to avoid standing behind it, and even when they honor it, it may only include replacement parts, but they still bill you for shipping, which can be quite expensive.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 8:23 am
I have a swingset from greentree wood works and would not recommend. We paid extra to have the wood painted with a finish. but it didn't last and the swingset is getting splintery and the wood is growing moldy (and we have no trees in our backyard!). It will have to be replaced soon, I'm hoping for another couple seasons. Better go with vinyl.

blossoming flower

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 8:42 am
Swing it was great. The have really quality amish swingsets. I was also very happy with their customer service. I made a few phone calls and they were cheaper than some other local places. They're definitely considerably more than costco but you get what you pay for.

doctorima

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 8:52 am
Is Swingit the company that's been advertising lately with a picture of (the real Smile Uncle Moishy? I checked out their web page and it looked like they were significantly more expensive than other companies I looked into.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 12:19 pm
amother wrote:
Are monkey bars bars metal?
Someone upthread mentioned they'd get hot, but aren't they all metal?

No, they're vinyl and not hot to the touch like metal
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics