Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Upsherin entertainment ideas, low key

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 2:44 pm
I'm making an upsherin iy"H around the time I'm due with another baby. Boruch Hashem for simchas!
I want to make a party because I feel that my three year old will need the extra attention but I obviously don't want to do anything too time consuming (I'm usually laid back when it comes o these things, ten times more so when pregnant!!)

Any ideas for entertainment?
We will serve dairy (probably bagels or pizza and salads, fruit, maybe ice cream). I'm not worried about a theme; either well do typical alef beis type, or his favorite color, or his favorite cartoons characters.
But what can I do for entertainment? It'll be mostly adults but hopefully a few little kids (cousins and hopefully friends)- maybe 10 maximum. Ideas?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 2:59 pm
Juggler?
Bouncy castle?

Good old fashioned, have everyone cut his hair?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 3:19 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Juggler?
Bouncy castle?

Good old fashioned, have everyone cut his hair?

Lol about the last one. We're actually going to cut his hair on a different day than the party so we don't risk any overwhelmed little boys too sad/kvetchy to enjoy their own party.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 9:31 pm
What abt a simple, mess free art project for the kids. Some that I have seen at upsherin parties are scratch art, Crayola model magic, adult type coloring pictures with colored pencils. You can do the game Pass the present or Pin the tail on the donkey.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics