Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is this cute or nerdy?
Previous  1  2  3

juggling

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 4:15 pm
There is Carters' in Israel. Children's Place, too. I don't know about shipping, but you can just walk into the store and buy.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 5:32 pm
juggling wrote:
There is Carters' in Israel. Children's Place, too. I don't know about shipping, but you can just walk into the store and buy.

Thanks. There is no Carter's near where I live, and I've been to TCP several times but generally find them quite overpriced.

LittleMissMama

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 11:03 pm
You're overthinking your situation.

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:14 am
LittleMissMama wrote:

I agree.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 2:17 am
LittleMissMama wrote:

Perhaps, but I'm not sure how you can know that without knowing my situation, which I have not disclosed.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 4:28 am
amother wrote:
Thanks. There is no Carter's near where I live, and I've been to TCP several times but generally find them quite overpriced.

H&O carries Carter's and Oshkosh products. If you are willing to pay 50$ for an outfit - that should have stuff within your budget (their stuff is more expansive than in the US).
IME aliexpress is hit or miss. You can get a great deal and you can get real cra@p. It's worth a gamble if you are prepared to lose your investment. To me 50$ would be too much to lose in case the item that actually arrives is not at all what I expected.
I can't comment about the actual outfit because I really know nothing about fashion trends in your circle (or mine).
How about trying out Next, which is reliable and they do have cute stuff or shopping at a local store.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 5:57 am
Yes, try ordering from next. IME they have good quality products for decent prices.
I buy fill ins from leader and Bazaar Strauss that are very cute. Ex: I had a dress that was getting short on my baby, so I bought some cute leggings from Leader for 15-20 nis that let me keep her in the dress I loved for a few months.
If your baby looks dressed you will get more compliments. More accessories too. I get more compliments on my baby when she has a headband, socks and shoes that match well or a hat.
It's the obviousness that you put thought into the outfit instead of leaving the baby in pajamas the whole day. So any pants and shirt combo that goes well together with socks and a baseball cap will get the response you're looking for. You don't need today's fashion.
If you love today's fashion, then go for it!
(I say just don't go so tight that the diaper sticks out or the pants catch the first drop of overflow.)

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 6:46 am
I sense that the OP doesn't really like this outfit, but is thinking, "Well, it is a TH outfit, so it must be nice. Or at least fashionable/impressive to others. Esp some secular professioanls who constantly judge my infant's wardrobe."

In short, this entire thread strikes me as weird.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 7:16 am
chanchy123 wrote:
H&O carries Carter's and Oshkosh products. If you are willing to pay 50$ for an outfit - that should have stuff within your budget (their stuff is more expansive than in the US).
IME aliexpress is hit or miss. You can get a great deal and you can get real cra@p. It's worth a gamble if you are prepared to lose your investment. To me 50$ would be too much to lose in case the item that actually arrives is not at all what I expected.
I can't comment about the actual outfit because I really know nothing about fashion trends in your circle (or mine).
How about trying out Next, which is reliable and they do have cute stuff or shopping at a local store.

I would never spend 50 dollars on an outfit for a baby. If I would, I wouldn't be looking an Ali Express at a 9 dollar set. But thanks for the suggestion of Next. I have bought things there for him.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 7:18 am
DrMom wrote:
I sense that the OP doesn't really like this outfit, but is thinking, "Well, it is a TH outfit, so it must be nice. Or at least fashionable/impressive to others. Esp some secular professioanls who constantly judge my infant's wardrobe."

In short, this entire thread strikes me as weird.

Actually, I do like the outfit but am kind of fashion inept, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't terribly outdated before buying it. That's all.

And feel free to close a thread without posting next time it rings weird to you.

Shuly

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 2:21 pm
It's a knock off of this:
https://www.buybuybaby.com/1/1......html

You can see there are slight differences.
As others have said, it's not stylish.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 5:24 pm
Shuly wrote:
It's a knock off of this:
https://www.buybuybaby.com/1/1......html

You can see there are slight differences.
As others have said, it's not stylish.

Thanks. I do see the differences.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics