Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Am I a bad mom?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

songbliss

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 10:55 am
Yakira wrote:
Is there a two- or three- day a week option?

I actually have a deal with his day-care that I only have to pay when he goes... try asking the day care... maybe she'll do you a favour

songbliss

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 11:00 am
OP. just a suggestion...

if you haven't done anything about it yet.. you could try what I did... I said I need at least 1 week to get the house back in order... and Im fed up of loosing patience with my little 1 coz I can't stand having a messy house... so I said I'll send him for a week to start off..

That way
a) If he's having a hard time, and he doesn't adjust by the end of the week, I know its too soon for him... and I'd have been consistent enough to know that he's not just taking advantage.. (if you give in right away of course they wont want to go!!)
b) If he's enjoying it and doesn't cry in the mornings, and comes home in a good mood then I know its good for him, so I'll carry on sending him...

Its weds & I've sent him from last friday... and today he was soooo excited to go, I was so happy!! He practically ran there.

A PLUS advantage I have though is that its across the road from my house... and its a home day-care, with a very very warm atmosphere and not too many kids.
Yesterday the husband said that my son was looking at the window upset, so he lifted him up to show him our house, and my son saw that and I guess he was comforted b/c he wanted to go down and ran to play again... I guess it comforted him that his house is so close by.. if you are able to do that it'd be gr8!
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics