Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lakewood girls school

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 11:04 am
Can anyone please help me we are planing on moving soon into Toms rive Nj area We have 2 daughters who are 8 and 4 years old, We are looking for girls school in the area wich probably would be in lakewood, We are not yeshivaish and am concerned with which school will fit us , It is importand for me to find a school that is open minded and excepting beacuse iv heard that many school make it very difficult to get in , Very importand to find a school that has good education and is not too big , more small classes with good teachers that also teach in a fun and creative environment .please give me some suggestions

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 11:06 am
If you are looking for a school that is not yeshivish you may be limited in terms of who will accept your daughters. Your best bets are Tehilas Chaya Sara and Ateres Tzipora.

das

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 11:29 am
Which school are ur girls in now? Are you looking for something similar?

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 12:06 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
If you are looking for a school that is not yeshivish you may be limited in terms of who will accept your daughters. Your best bets are Tehilas Chaya Sara and Ateres Tzipora.

I would add to that Ateres Bais Yaakov.

I also think OP does not give enough information about what she means by "not yeshivish" "open-minded" etc....

susan11230

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 2:13 pm
a school similar to prospect park yeshiva but not so high academically with pressure t get only high marks , a school with flatbush family type of families

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 2:18 pm
susan11230 wrote:
a school similar to prospect park yeshiva but not so high academically with pressure t get only high marks , a school with flatbush family type of families

I would agree yes similar school with more flatbush typeof families also a shool that wont ask you if you have internet etc...

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 3:02 pm
Every lakewood school will ask if u have internet. They dont make u crazy about it since most people have for business but if they pickup that ur kid is mentioning it and using the internet they will probably approach u.

DVOM

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 5:26 pm
I'll second what others have said: there is no Lakewood school that won't ask about having internet access. My boys' school asks that your internet is filtered, which seems reasonable to me.

I don't have any daughters, but I've gotten to know a lot of the girl's schools... to add another name to your list, I've been really impressed with Bnos Bracha. Seems like a really healthy, creative, accepting atmosphere.

DVOM

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 5:29 pm
BTW, I actually attended Prospect elementary and high school. I don't think you'll find a school with that much diversity. That being said though, there are some really nice girls schools, albeit with distinct 'Lakewood flavor' to them.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 5:43 pm
Bnos brocha is different then ateres chaya sora....pretty much every mother dresses very tznius in bnos brocha. Definitely a frummer crowd then the other school. So I wouldnt put it on the same list as the other schools mentioned here.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 5:46 pm
I don't live in Lakewood and I don't have girls. But just from I read here and Yeshiva World sounds like you need Hillel in Deal or something like R Teitz school in Elizabeth

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 5:47 pm
As mentioned on imamother before pple moving from Brooklyn to toms river and jackson should realize they are kind of moving to lakewood....u are using lkwd schools doctors stores etc....cant expect schools etc not to care about the typical lakewood standards such as asking about Internet. Theres also the getting into school issue. Most school are full and theres so many pple moving from brooklyn it will be impossible to accomodate every kid into schools.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
I don't live in Lakewood and I don't have girls. But just from I read here and Yeshiva World sounds like you need Hillel in Deal or something like R Teitz school in Elizabeth

Much of Hillel is not religious. And it's a Syrian school even if there are ashkenaz ppl there. Doesn't sound like what the op is looking for at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children