Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What was the real reason Trump fired Comey today?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Jeanette

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 9:54 pm
Fox wrote:
No, I think the timing was convenient because it allows him to distract everyone's attention from questions he'd prefer to avoid.

Don't conflate "scandal" with simply wanting to control the narrative.

Being president doesn't mean that you get to control the narrative. FBI director is supposed to be an apolitical position. That's why they are appointed to 10-year terms. Trump thinks everyone in Washington has to toe his line. He couldn't control Comey's narrative, so he fired him.

marina

Post Thu, May 11 2017, 11:53 am
I literally don't care anymore. All talk and no action. Wake me up for the impeachment hearings.

Fox

Post Thu, May 11 2017, 12:00 pm
marina wrote:
I literally don't care anymore. All talk and no action. Wake me up for the impeachment hearings.

Lol! The whole thing jumped the shark with Diamond & Silk's "Comey Ain't Our Homey" rant.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 11 2017, 8:12 pm
Fox wrote:
Lol! The whole thing jumped the shark with Diamond & Silk's "Comey Ain't Our Homey" rant.

No words. I was going to say, if the founding fathers were alive today they'd be turning over in their graves but this Diamond and Silk thing just adds to the surreality of it all. I think they're high-fiving each other (or the 18th century equivalent) and just enjoying the show.

Mevater

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 7:24 am
Fast forward to August 2017.

Will Trump survive as Pres for his 4 year term?

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 7:27 am
Doubt it.

Mevater

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 8:03 am
What upsets me the most is some of the amazing people he hired.. Nikki Haley most of all, shes the best thing that happened at the UN ever, David Friedman, Jason Greenblatt....

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 8:40 am
Perhaps mike pence will keep them on staff

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 8:49 am
allthingsblue wrote:

I just hope that Pence isn't brought down too. Then again, would that mean President Paul Ryan? I could handle that.

Mevater

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 8:50 am
allthingsblue wrote:

Thats true.

I wonder what Mike Pence is thinking...

What will Trump try to do to to save his skin and to avoid embarrassment?

Is there even a chance that Trump will survive with some Republicans looking to get rid of him?

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 10:00 am
Mevater wrote:
Thats true.

I wonder what Mike Pence is thinking...

What will Trump try to do to to save his skin and to avoid embarrassment?

Is there even a chance that Trump will survive with some Republicans looking to get rid of him?

He will either be removed from office or he will resign and say something like, "I'm so good for this job but you stupid fools [congress, democrats, media, anyone he dislikes] won't let me do my job. So I'm going to resign and let you face the music. You'll see, you'll regret not working with me."
He'll make it sound like he's done nothing wrong and it's all our fault he didn't succeed.

Mevater

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 12:29 pm
Whoever thinks if wed as carefully study Obama's dealings, we wouldnt find impeachable offenses, is drinking Kool Aid.

Obama got his Chicago house from a criminal. And that has been publicized all over the media. Im sure theres a lot we dont knw about Obama crooked dealings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Rezko

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 12:51 pm
Mevater wrote:
Whoever thinks if wed as carefully study Obama's dealings, we wouldnt find impeachable offenses, is drinking Kool Aid.

Obama got his Chicago house from a criminal. And that has been publicized all over the media. Im sure theres a lot we dont knw about Obama crooked dealings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Rezko

Obama purchased a strip of land from the wife of a bad guy. Obama then went on to serve 2 terms as president without serious allegations of wrongdoing.

Trump's closest advisers and family members met with Russians during the campaign, including on at least one occasion on which they were told it was because the Russians wanted to help Trump win. They lied about it. Trump personally dictated a false and misleading statement to the press, in his son's name.

And you're conflating those things.

One thing Trump said that was entirely accurate. He could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot people, and not lose voters. Or, more accurately, he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue with Putin, and his supporters would yell lock up Clinton because of her Russian ties.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 1:25 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Obama purchased a strip of land from the wife of a bad guy. Obama then went on to serve 2 terms as president without serious allegations of wrongdoing.

Trump's closest advisers and family members met with Russians during the campaign, including on at least one occasion on which they were told it was because the Russians wanted to help Trump win. They lied about it. Trump personally dictated a false and misleading statement to the press, in his son's name.

And you're conflating those things.

One thing Trump said that was entirely accurate. He could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot people, and not lose voters. Or, more accurately, he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue with Putin, and his supporters would yell lock up Clinton because of her Russian ties.

Two words Charlie Kushner.

Mevater

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 3:18 pm
Im not saying Trump is innocent. Im saying hes being scrutinized 100 times as much as Obama. Had Obama been scrutinized to that degree, we have no idea what theyd have found on him. When you look carefully, you find.

Im woefully familiar with Brooklyn politics, not unlike politics throughout the country, and perhaps the world, even more so. No politician anywhere makes it honestly.

Deal$ deal$ deal$. Ki$$ing up ki$$ing up and more ki$$ing up to the rich and powerful.

Just a thought.

shirachadasha

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 3:25 pm
The only thing that's been repealed and replaced is Washington staff.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics