Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Understanding Trump/comey

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 9:24 pm
So Trump fired Comey. I keep reading about how Trump miscalculated as he probably thought he'd get support from dems who disliked Comey, as well as support from his own party. My question is- who cares? At the end of the day he won the election and basically got a 4 year contract. So everyone is mad at him and criticizing him. So what? Comey is gone today, he'll be gone tomorrow and next year as well. Short of congress and the Senate trying to impeach Trump, why should I care if they support his decision or not? Trump has at least another 3 years and 8 months left. He'll get to fire whoever he wants till the end of his term. How does this impact anyone?

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 9:47 pm
If he is found to be "in breach of contract", he can be "fired", too.

So any wrongdoing, especially if it smells of a coverup, brings the prospect of investigation/discovery of corruption/impeachment.

It's not THAT he fired Comey. It's why, and why now. Also how, but that's just Trump being Trump.

Jeanette

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:05 pm
I'm not getting your line of reasoning. Trump is president, therefore he can do whatever he wants and nobody can comment? Also, what do you mean, how does this impact anyone? Are you asking why it matters if Comey or anybody else is head of FBI?

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:22 pm
Jeanette wrote:
I'm not getting your line of reasoning. Trump is president, therefore he can do whatever he wants and nobody can comment? Also, what do you mean, how does this impact anyone? Are you asking why it matters if Comey or anybody else is head of FBI?

Yes, Trump is president so for the next 3+ years he can get away with lots of things. My question is when this news story fades away in the next few weeks -and it will- is anything different because of all the hoopla or does this just make for great debate on the news? And no, I don't think it matters to 99.99% of people who the head of the FBI is.

Jeanette

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:33 pm
Well, I'll give you credit for knowing that Trump fired the head of the FBI!

Does it matter to you?

Can you think of any decision the president makes that matters to you, outside of hoopla on the news?

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:45 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Well, I'll give you credit for knowing that Trump fired the head of the FBI!

Does it matter to you?

Can you think of any decision the president makes that matters to you, outside of hoopla on the news?

Taxes, jobs/economy, and protecting the country.

Jeanette

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:52 pm
amother wrote:
Taxes, jobs/economy, and protecting the country.

The FBI also has the job to protect the country.

Sometimes things the president does can hurt the FBI and their ability to keep the country safe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics