Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Bobov 45 Have you heard the story in this week Inyan, before
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Bobov 45: do you know who the story in this week's Inyan happened to?
YES  
 23%  [ 15 ]
NO  
 76%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 65

crust

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 2:33 am
Is anyone here interested in a story about R' Naftule? To me it was fascinating but Its a little bit long to post without knowing if there's clientele for it...

Cmon be nice

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 8:11 am
Go ahead!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 9:06 am
Yes. I am related to them and can personally vouch for this amazing story!

iyar

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 9:25 am
amother wrote:
I'm not bobov, but what does bobov 48 and 45 mean?

In recent times the chassidus split into two separate groups with different rebbes and institutions. The question was (as is often the case) who will continue the lineage and become Rebbe after the previous Rebbe passed away just over 10 years ago.
Since both factions are located in the same area: Boro Park, Brooklyn; they took the names of the streets where their main beis medrash is located. One is on 48th Street, and the other is on 45th Street.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 9:41 am
crust wrote:
Is anyone here interested in a story about R' Naftule? To me it was fascinating but Its a little bit long to post without knowing if there's clientele for it...
Very interested!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 9:51 am
crust wrote:

Would love to hear

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:02 pm
iyar wrote:
In recent times the chassidus split into two separate groups with different rebbes and institutions. The question was (as is often the case) who will continue the lineage and become Rebbe after the previous Rebbe passed away just over 10 years ago.
Since both factions are located in the same area: Boro Park, Brooklyn; they took the names of the streets where their main beis medrash is located. One is on 48th Street, and the other is on 45th Street.

interesting

amother
Purple

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:36 pm
iyar wrote:

Can we not discuss this paleeeaaaseee! It bothers me.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:44 pm
amother wrote:
Can we not discuss this paleeeaaaseee! It bothers me.

Scratching Head just don't open the thread.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:48 pm
As long as questions are asked respectfully, I don't see the issue with discussing it and clarifying it

TehillaHadassah

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 1:41 pm
Wow! How much life happens when you get busy with something. Smile Of course I feel pretty old here. not now, but, I lived in BP and davened at Bobov. I only knew one Bobov Rebbe, the first one to come here to Brooklyn. Many happy memories with the Rebbe's family. Precious memories.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 12:32 am
I was there today and must say I was shocked to see hundreds of people coming there and crying their hearts out. There were all kinds! Chasidish, litvish, yeshivish, etc....
May Everyone be helped with what they need!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 12:56 am
amother wrote:
I was there today and must say I was shocked to see hundreds of people coming there and crying their hearts out. There were all kinds! Chasidish, litvish, yeshivish, etc....
May Everyone be helped with what they need!

Amen!

How did it work with separation of men and women? How close were women able to get to the Kevarim?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 1:01 am
amother wrote:
Amen!

How did it work with separation of men and women? How close were women able to get to the Kevarim?

There are 2 entrances to the ohel. One in front and one in back. The Kevarim of the 2 rebbes are in middle. (closer to back) They put up mechitza on sides of Kevarim and the front entrance was men and back was ladies so if you pushed yourself to the front you were actuality and to touch the Kevarim.

zaq

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 1:01 am
amother wrote:
I'm not bobov, but what does bobov 48 and 45 mean?
look up bobov45 on Wikipedia. Wiki didn't have a listing for bobov48 but I assume it's the "original" group if it's not yet another splinter group.

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 9:45 am
amother wrote:
Is this R' Aron Twersky, the distinguished law school professor, who has a son in law Miller, a Bobover Menahel?

If I'm not mistaken, he and the Bobov Rebbes are closely related.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 9:59 am
Chayalle wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, he and the Bobov Rebbes are closely related.

Correct! I think his mother was a sister to reb shlomo. But I might be making a mistake

pause

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 10:05 am
zaq wrote:
look up bobov45 on Wikipedia. Wiki didn't have a listing for bobov48 but I assume it's the "original" group if it's not yet another splinter group.
Plain Bobov refers to Bobov 48.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 1:22 pm
amother wrote:
Correct! I think his mother was a sister to reb shlomo. But I might be making a mistake

Yes. Relative another here. That is correct.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 2:16 pm
can someone correct me on the question of r' aron twersky? is he the one who does referrals on mental health? not sure if referrals or just knows a lot of that stuff and helps people?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics