Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Staten Island: Willowbrook, Manor Heights and Westerleigh

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 12:24 pm
Hey Islanders! (or Stateners?)

We are native BPers and we're looking to move to Staten Island. I know that Willowbrook is the main/most popular area to settle and it would be great to move there. However the prices have shot up a little too high for us and we have to look into other areas.

What can you tell me about Manor Heights and Westerleigh? Westerleigh seems to be fairly new for BPers but has good potential. Manor Heights is more settled. Is one cheaper than the other? Better? Strategic location? More beautiful? Compare/contrast!

Any info would be helpful.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 4:17 pm
Why am I not getting a response? Anyone?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 9:09 pm
Hey, I live in manor heights, and I LOVE IT!!! Manor heights is different than willowbrook in the sense that here were taking over non jewish houses, so its only chassidim living here spread apart... In Willowbrook you have a lot of the old staten island and young isreals... Manor heights is VERY chassidish meanwhile.. I think you can still get larger houses here at a somewhat better price than in Willowbrook. Westerleigh might be even cheaper but thats fairly newer.. Hope ive been of a help!

staten islander

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 9:19 pm
I live in Willowbrook. Both MH and Westerleigh are suburban and very pretty.MH has more hasidim and Westerleigh is just now being populated, so there are fewer families.Both areas are close to the highway, so easy commute into Brooklyn. You can pm me if you need more info. Good luck in your search.Just so you know, inventory here is very low now and you will likely need to come in close to or above asking price.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:
Hey, I live in manor heights, and I LOVE IT!!! Manor heights is different than willowbrook in the sense that here were taking over non jewish houses, so its only chassidim living here spread apart... In Willowbrook you have a lot of the old staten island and young isreals... Manor heights is VERY chassidish meanwhile.. I think you can still get larger houses here at a somewhat better price than in Willowbrook. Westerleigh might be even cheaper but thats fairly newer.. Hope ive been of a help!

Thanks!! Tell me what you love about Manor Heights. Also, can we still expect more families to settle in MH or is that kinda 'done with' and Westerleigh is the new hot area?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 10:47 pm
Living in Manor heights too.
There are new families moving every day when I moved there weren't any Jewish ppl around me and now you walk on the streets and actually see ppl around.
It's not just chassidim that moved but it's definetly more spread out then willowbrook.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 10:01 am
Hows westerleigh picking up?
Also which area is the cheapest and best? Were emunas Yisroel type.

professor

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 2:20 pm
I don't see a difference on the map manor heights IS willowbrook, no? What is the difference

professor

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 2:25 pm
What about castlton corners

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 2:43 pm
professor wrote:
I don't see a difference on the map manor heights IS willowbrook, no? What is the difference

It's not. That's like saying Midwood is Marine Park. They're adjacent to each other but they're not the same
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating