Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Don’t try to outfrum your rav
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:47 am
amother wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
What was wrong: exhaustion, head aches, insomnia at night coupled with wanting to sleep at day, yo-yo weight for no reason
How they figured: through exams, blood tests and switching docs and hospitals several times Exploding anger
They thought it was: normal exhaustion, then blood loss, then anaemia, then in my head ( Mad ), then hormonal imbalance then b'h the right thing: hormonal and thyroid not working enough.
I went through treatments for most of these things, no result, but when b'h we found the right guy it started working almost overnight. You can't imagine how furious at myself I am for losing all the progress.

And forgetting things too?

Sounds like it could be a vitamin B deficiency... Have you tried taking a supplement?

Oh yeah, I've been on vitamins/supplements for months.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:49 am
What's tempering?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 7:33 am
Tempering
from dictionary.com

To strengthen through experience or hardship; toughen: soldiers who had been tempered by combat.
To adjust finely; attune: a portfolio that is tempered to the investor's needs.

gryp

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 7:43 am
Ruchel wrote:
amother wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
What was wrong: exhaustion, head aches, insomnia at night coupled with wanting to sleep at day, yo-yo weight for no reason
How they figured: through exams, blood tests and switching docs and hospitals several times Exploding anger
They thought it was: normal exhaustion, then blood loss, then anaemia, then in my head ( Mad ), then hormonal imbalance then b'h the right thing: hormonal and thyroid not working enough.
I went through treatments for most of these things, no result, but when b'h we found the right guy it started working almost overnight. You can't imagine how furious at myself I am for losing all the progress.

And forgetting things too?

Sounds like it could be a vitamin B deficiency... Have you tried taking a supplement?

Oh yeah, I've been on vitamins/supplements for months.

Ruchel, you would have to take a lot more vitamin B's, not just a regular supplement. I bet it would help.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 8:27 am
What exactly would I need?
(and I'm sooooo sick of meds and pills of all kinds - I'm already on 4 meds not to mention those that I need with the cold I caught Exploding anger ).

amother

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 8:38 am
Sorry to ask this, I am pretty new here, but I remember seeing pictures from you on onlysimchas, hair uncovered and other things uncovered too, was that a psak? I am not judging, I am really asking.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 8:45 am
Why anonymous if it's not judging?

What's your question. I didn't cover my hair before my wedding, and certainly not at hospital after birth. About the other things uncovered, are you talking of my wedding dress? Then I'll repeat again, try finding a tzniuser one or have a gown altered 3 days before leaving to Israel.

Keep your irony to yourself.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 8:50 am
I wasn't trying to be mean, and I was talking about the 1st anniversary.... you weren't on the hospital!!!!!
Don't be so agressive, In the picture was you, your husband, your daughter, your hair, your untznius dress, etc... I was just asking. And anonymous exactly because of that!

edited by moderator

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 8:50 am
I also wonder, if it's just curiosity, why you didn't pm me. Funnier in public?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 9:07 am
I am agressive because I am fed up of cowards. If you don't like my answer, Then don't talk to me, or at least be respectful and take responsability.

I started a thread about listening to your rav; you arrive and start the lashon hara. Someone simply curious wouldn't act like that.

You get what you deserve.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 9:43 am
I get what I deserve???? What is that suppose to mean? Am I being embarassed or YOU?
I just asked you a question, and BTW it was on Imamother about your pictures, as I said I am new, and I read here that you had pictures there.... Your engagemnt anniversary, your birthday, your daughter.... That is what this website is for, right, to post whatever you want! So, what I don't get it is that you get so upset when people ask you something, that it is posted here! It was posted here! You said on this thread that you had a psak for not covering your hair, why you get so childish about someone asking you if those pictures were also under a psak? What is the big issue?

edited by moderator

mimivan

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 9:49 am
Anon:
You are obviously new to this site, because you obviously don't appreciate how much Ruchel contributes to imamother.com with her compassion, wisdom and fresh perspective. Your unpleasant attitude and treatment of your fellow Jew just serves to undermine any supposed "holiness" you may feel compared to others...

A variation on what my mother used to say, "Tznius is as tznius does." And hiding behind amother doesn't make it any more tznius to insult someone in public...which is not only not tznius; the Torah compares it to shedding blood..

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 9:54 am
Gosh, how things get misinterpreted!
I have a heter to uncover my hair if I have a migraine only! I cover my hair every day and wait quite a bit before using the heter, and I'm very proud of it!
Don't think you are embarrassing me, I'm not stupid enough to post things online that would embarrass me.

Finally, there are guidelines on Imamother. For your own sake, don't post everything that go through your head.

I shouldn't discuss with amother, it's called feeding the trolls.
If you want to discuss, I'll do it with a real someone.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 10:10 am
Thanks Mimi. I'm still waiting for the pic of your gorgeous son. Smile Soooo cute, I remember how he grabbed everything. LOL

Anyway, I am very open and will discuss everything I mention online, even on other sites, but I don't appreciate rudeness.
Come to my shul, amother, or ask about the standards in France to anyone who has been there, especially among Ashkenazim since ww2 (that is, the few who are still shomre mitzvos!) and you won't call me untznius again.

It's annoying enough to decide to be machmira, to be the only tzanua in town and stand out at every community gathering (despite many Mo families), I don't need rude comments about how I don't follow charedi tznius (which I totally acknowledge!).

I also decided to share this by answering so other women who are "untznius like me" (believe it or not, some never cover their hair on this board, some wear pants, some wear very low necked tops... if I shock you, don't go hunting for their pics because you will have a heart attack) and are afraid of bashing are still represented and not dismissed as almost non existant in the frum community.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 10:13 am
I think someone who comes on these boards and speaks as that amother did, regardless of how physically tzanua she may be, is a lot less tzanua then the person she is describing (who I know nothing about). I dont know where ppl come across these days thinking they are G-d, and any regular person off the street can feel ok giving random strangers mussar.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 10:27 am
Yup. I always tell the non jews it's not true that some people in Mea Shearim insult the non tznius (sometiems the tznius too), but when we see what happens on a board (= with people who are not backwards) it's not surprising (Meah Shearim people rarely have internet as far as I know, although my sheitel macher has! LOL ). I will accept amother's appology, but I hope she rethinks her way. I know that when you want people to be better, bashing is the thing to avoid. I, bh, made a few BTs, and I am regularly (every shul service) exposed to frum people in clothes that shock me, but I keep my mouth shut and try to motivate and encourage instead when I have the occasion. And certainly not when not asked, not known by them and not even brave enough to give away an internet screenname LOL

gryp

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 10:55 am
Ruchel wrote:
(and I'm sooooo sick of meds and pills of all kinds - I'm already on 4 meds not to mention those that I need with the cold I caught Exploding anger ).

I'm putting that question on hold till next week. Smile I'm not at home now and I need one of my books to answer that.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 10:57 am
GR wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

I'm putting that question on hold till next week. Smile I'm not at home now and I need one of my books to answer that.

of course! no problem. If I have a doc appointment before that I'll ask (I have so many I can't remember them all shock ).

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 10:58 am
ah, b'h for moderation.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics