Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
How-we-met Story
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 5:16 pm
So, another poster and I have been PMing each other for a month now. On June 28th she realized from one of my posts that we live in the same city. Since then, we've been PMing about so many different things, but we never gave out our true identities. At one point I did have to give her my first name because I was referring her to someone to speak to. So she gave me her first name, too.
We keep on joking about bumping into each other while shopping or at shul, but it's never happened! So FINALLY she's coming over for lunch this shabbos! We finally "spilled the beans" and told each other who we are - but we don't know each other, anyway!
We'll let you know how shabbos goes!

And I'm posting as amother because some of you know one of us, so revealing that we know each other may lead you to figure out who the other one is.... and both of us would rather remain anonymous!!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
someone to speak to

woops! that sounded like she needed a therapist, or something. that's not what I meant!

Rochel Leah

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 5:57 pm
Thats so cute.

not only are we making online friends, but "real" live friends.

can't wait to hear how it went

baby's mom

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 5:59 pm
that is awesome!!! Have fun Very Happy

proudmom

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 6:01 pm
that is wonderful. Enjoy eachothers company!!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 8:15 pm
(I'm the OTHER amother!!!!!!)

Aside from PM'ing each other via this site, we don't know each other one iota- AND MY HUSBAND AND I JUST ACCEPTED AN INVITATION TO THEIR HOME FOR SHABBOS LUNCH!!!

We didn't know their names or address...... or what they looked like. All I knew was they lived within walking distance and davened at the same shul.

Only after we accepted amother's invitation, did we exchange names and addresses that we'd know where to go shabbos!

I'm sure you'll all want to know how our lunch goes, so we'll have to keep you all posted! Stay tuned for the next installment!

Smile

gryp

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 9:32 pm
Quote:
I'm sure you'll all want to know how our lunch goes, so we'll have to keep you all posted! Stay tuned for the next installment!

is this some kind of joke, or is it just me?

roza

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 10:26 pm
why? I think it's very entertaining. Mr. Green LOL keep it coming.

RedVines

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 10:49 pm
I think it's great!!!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 12:38 pm
RG-

this is not a joke, although we did agree to it being amusing! Like we said before....... we'll let you all know how it goes!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 1:34 pm
RG, this is the original amother, again, and yes, it's 100% true. we are both pretty high posters, too - definitely in the top 30 or 40! she's higher up in the ranks than I am (although, she joined a few months after me Wink ).
are you thinking that it's not true, because who in the right mind would invite complete "strangers" to their house? well, we've been PMing for a while and we've found people that we know in common - so we're not really so concerned (at least I'm not, but I haven't told dh that I've never met or talked to our guests before!)
now, any good ideas what I should serve for lunch to my guests?!?

technic

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 3:05 pm
why not start a thread - "what imamothers should serve 2 each other" Wink

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 3:18 pm
the amother inviting- I'm sure you could find some of the other amother's favorites in the recipe section!!!

gryp

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 6:10 pm
Quote:
are you thinking that it's not true, because who in the right mind would invite complete "strangers" to their house?

dear amothers,
im happy you are meeting in real life. dont take this the wrong way- but I honestly just dont see what the big deal is. ive also met posters in real life that I didnt know before I joined here.
yes, its exciting that you two are meeting, but I think its only exciting for the two of you. why are you telling us this, and planning to "update" us? how do you think this will affect any of us in any way? you are only "amothers" to the rest of us, only you two know who you are, so why should this be exciting for us?
what exactly are you planning on reporting? how the fish tasted on shabbos? about how you looked different than the other imagined? the conversation you had at the shabbos table?
sorry, I really just dont get it.
but I hope you have fun over shabbos and become good friends.

technic

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 6:17 pm
rg I c this completely differently - I know a lot of u know each other but I dont "KNOW" anyone on here, and I can c how it would b exciting 4 pple 2 meet offline after becoming friends online - I once read that getting 2 know someone online is TOTALLY opposite 2 meeting in real life - on here u get 2 know them from the inside out, whereas offline its from the outside in (anyone following this so far Confused ) - so why wouldnt it b fun 2 meet and c if ur preconceptions r right Exclamation

de_goldy

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 6:17 pm
In total agreement RG.

RedVines

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 6:22 pm
I dont see why anyone here is negative about this? It really shows what a wonderful site this is that brings people together...I am just so surprised at some of the negative opinions!

technic

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 6:28 pm
mommy ull get used 2 it!!! Wink

gryp

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 6:32 pm
Quote:
I know a lot of u know each other but I dont "KNOW" anyone on here, and I can c how it would b exciting 4 pple 2 meet offline after becoming friends online -

technic- thats what im talking about, ive met people here that I didnt know before I joined. yes, it was exciting for me and for the other poster, but for everyone else? I wouldnt think it would be exciting. especially if I told you as "amother" that im meeting another amother. Confused

thanx, de-goldy for your support and agreement.

mommyoftwo- I really tried not to make my post sound negative. I do think it is exciting for two posters to meet, but to everyone else? thats what im wondering about.

carrot

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 6:40 pm
makes me think of reality tv, but with really real people and positive interactions.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics