Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
How-we-met Story
Previous  1  2  3  Next

RedVines

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 6:50 pm
ok I agree posting as amother and sharing the story isn't as interesting for everyone...didnt think of it as much in that sense...I would love to meet some of ya!!!

smile

Post Fri, Jul 29 2005, 9:29 am
I don't see why they shouldn't write their experience. They are excited about it and wants to share it with us, so let them. If ppl are not interested then don't read it. No one forces anyone to read every single post. Just read the ones you wants.

Tefila

Post Fri, Jul 29 2005, 11:53 am
Well it's not me as amother so lets try to figure out the next highest posters. Ok we r on a roll u amothers got us started so who r u. Sarahd r u one of them 8)

stem

Post Fri, Jul 29 2005, 12:55 pm
Why can't you tell us who you are?? Confused

sarahd

Post Sat, Jul 30 2005, 6:27 pm
Yeah, what's the big mystery over who you are? You're not doing anything shameful, are you? BTW, it's not me. I don't imagine anyone else in the city where I live knows about imamother. And if it was me, I wouldn't be hiding behind amother.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 31 2005, 8:36 pm
(I'm the one who was invited by amother)
as promised, an update for those that are interested!

My husband (tried) dropping off before shabbos a platter of home baked goods, which I had prepared specially for amother, however no one answered the door------ and he was afraid that he had the wrong house, and therefore didn't want to leave them outside unattended!!!!! Normally, one knows where your friends live, however this case was ................different!

We could have sat (unknowingly) next to each other in shul that morning, and not been any the wiser. My husband and I walked over after shul to amother's home, however it did cross my mind- what would we have done if we had gotten the address wrong????? I had copied it down off the computer before shabbos, but maybe I got the numbers mixed up!!!?!?!??!?

BH we got the address correct as amother opened the door- however she didn't look at all similar to what I had pictured. Or should I say imagined?

During conversation it came up that my husband knew amother's parents, and that her (amother's) husband and I come from the same town. Small world.

It was amusing to see how much we knew of each other, and what was going on in each others lives- without 'really' knowing eachother outside our PM messages.

Her meal was scrumptious and very refreshing, however I didn't recognize any recipes from coming off this site.

Actually, I wasn't surprised that amother was such a good cook as she had shared some recipes with me over PM, which had been really good.

It was really very sweet of amother to have invited us for Shabbos lunch. She had been privy via PM messages, to how busy life had been recently for us (bH with good things) and having been invited out really helped make things easier.

I look forward to life returning to 'normal' and being able to reciprocate, and invite amother over to our home in the near future!!

amother

Post Sun, Jul 31 2005, 8:41 pm
By both of us posting with our 'real' names, we'd be giving away the OTHER amothers identity and location. To those that don't know either of us, it really does not matter whether or not we post using our 'real' names.

It DOES however matter as both of us have many acquaintances on this site. By us using our 'real' names, we'd be giving over info about the OTHER amother, who would prefer to remain anonymous. It's personal preference, and nothing deeper than that! Take it or leave it! Smile

miriam

Post Sun, Jul 31 2005, 11:54 pm
I think it's very sweet the two of you met.

sarahd

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 4:13 am
Why are you embarrassed to have met? I mean, why would you care if your acquaintances in your city knew you had met each other? Is there something wrong with one or both of you?

Pearl

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 5:32 am
I agree with sarahd.....
I really don't see why this should all be done as amother. you can share, with your screen name, or keep it private, and don't share at all.....
I would love to meet some of the mothers in "real life", but no one around in this country. so, saving money, and who knows?!

Tefila

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 11:31 am
Quote:
Is there something wrong with one or both of you?

Yep sarahd that must be it Tongue Out

Amothers like to tease it's like kids 4, 5 yr olds who say look what I have and I'm not gonna tell u where I got it neh neh boo boo.
Amothers yael doesn't want the amothers feature abused and we feel it is.
Maybe we need a mod on this thread Twisted Evil

Unless by the count of three you can reveal your true user identity Wink

carrot

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 1:18 pm
freilich I hope you're not serious! shock this is abuse of amother? they have reasons for not saying who they are... I thought abuse of amother is if you are using it to hide behind because you are saying something unwarranted and nasty, or something "subversive" like that. these amothers just want to be anonymous. what's the big deal?

Tefila

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 1:24 pm
Hm Carrot why so defensive Wink
And since when does anyone here take me soo seriously Tongue Out

carrot

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 1:40 pm
freilich you think it's me??? I am so flattered that you think I cook so well. Very Happy

anyway I think we already established that I'm a locked up lunatic. who do you think would visit me there? although you are all invited. plastic utensils and paper plates only. no glass bottles. you may come only in pairs of two. call for visiting hours.

Tefila

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 1:45 pm
Quote:
freilich you think it's me??? I am so flattered that you think I cook so well

shock Neh would I think of something like that shock I thought you might be the guest 8)

carrot

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 1:59 pm
ooohh... you mean the one who prepared a platter of delicious home-made baked goods??? (all ready to deliver before shabbos!) LOL

sarahd

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 3:37 pm
Boy carropt, you're really following the details of this visit closely, aren't you? LOL

chanab

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 10:32 pm
I for one am finding this entertaining. Not everything has to be taken so seriously.......... Rolling Eyes

miriam

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 11:07 pm
I second that chanab!!!!!

Tefila

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 10:10 am
Ok so who is it? A montrealer is coming w/h her husband to my place in two weeks on buisness for shabbos, she has a 7mnth old coming w/h. I'm so curious to know if it's an imamother poster so please fess up..... or atleast pm me Thanks sounds like it might be fun! Very Happy
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics