Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
ISO great fish recipe (with restrictions!)
Previous  1  2

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 12:58 pm
Snickers18 wrote:
This has a few steps but is pretty easy to make. A huge favorite around here, guests are always begging me to make it, and we have at least 20 people a week, so it's a lot of people agreeing on one thing!

http://www.chabad.org/library/.....e.htm

bumping this up. Can I substitute fresh cilantro with frozen cilantro cubes?

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 1:55 pm
In my opinion, salmon is really the only fish that tastes good when prepared in advance because many delicious salmon recipes are deliberately eaten cold or at room temperature.

If you MUST reheat, salmon is also forgiving if you watch it carefully.

Also I have many salmon recipes in which the salmon is marinated in some way and so the prep is done ahead of time and then just popped in the oven before you need it.

Some of my favorite salmon dishes are poached salmon because it seems to work best when the salmon is eaten cold. With these, I either use a traditional Hollandaise type of cream sauce or a good fruit type of salsa (salsa can be prepped ahead of course and isn't necessary the hot Mexican stuff but just describes chopped fruits and vegetables used as a condiment).

mommyla

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 2:52 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
bumping this up. Can I substitute fresh cilantro with frozen cilantro cubes?

I’ve always used parsley, not cilantro, and the dried parsley works just fine.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 4:57 pm
Sauté diced onion and peppers In a pan. Add cubed salmon pieces on top no sprinkle liberally with sugar- and salt and crushed red pepper to taste Cover and cook for 20 min. Serve each piece with the pepper mixture spooned on top. Works for room temp as well as cold.

Yum!!! Can be served over a Bed of pesto angel hair.

Eta my autocorrect added some words- I corrected them.

Last edited by doodlesmom on Thu, Jan 31 2019, 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 5:01 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Sauté diced can onion soup and peppers In a pan. Add cubed salmon pieces on top no sprinkle liberally with sugar- and salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 20 min. Serve each piece with the pepper mixture spooned on top. Works for room temp as well as cold.

Yum!!! Can be served over a Bed of pesto angel hair.

Canned onion soup is extremely high in sodium generally and the OP requested low salt recipes.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 7:15 pm
Drizzle olive oil, and put 1 garlic cube + 1 basil cube on each piece. Bake on 400 for 10 min, spread around the garlic and basil, bake another 10 min-15 min.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 7:30 pm
Amarante wrote:
Canned onion soup is extremely high in sodium generally and the OP requested low salt recipes.

Lol see my corrected post- my iPads autocorrect went crazy.
The correction is to sauté diced onions and peppers.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 7:53 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Lol see my corrected post- my iPads autocorrect went crazy.
The correction is to sauté diced onions and peppers.

I hesitated before pointing out sodium content - many people don't realize how high in sodium canned soup is and you can get that onion flavor with just a bit more work by sautéing real onions - no salt or minimal salt needed for flavor.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics