Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trump's Tweets
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

What do you think about Trump's tweets?
They're very disturbing  
 33%  [ 56 ]
They're a genius way of manipulating the media  
 6%  [ 11 ]
They're hilarious  
 8%  [ 15 ]
I love that he says exactly what he's thinking  
 8%  [ 14 ]
He says the things I've always believed  
 2%  [ 4 ]
They bother me but I put up with it for the sake of all the good stuff he does  
 2%  [ 5 ]
I don't pay attention to his tweets  
 29%  [ 50 ]
I don't care one way or the other  
 8%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 169

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:08 pm
I'm really curious what goes through your mind when you read Trump's tweets.

(I wanted to make it that you can choose multiple options but I don't know how to do that. Aso, I put in an "other" option but I don't see it, so if your answer is "other" please describe!)

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:29 pm
A lot of them bug me honestly.
I like some of them.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:39 pm
I just don't understand why he purposely goes out of his way to selectively insult US allies. What is he accomplishing by twisting what Sadiq Kahn had to say about the latest attacks in London? Or why he blatantly lies on Twitter? Doesn't he realize that many of us will actually check to see exactly how NATO dues are assessed? It's not hard to figure out that US manufacturing produces millions of dollars worth of German vehicles?

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:41 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I just don't understand why he purposely goes out of his way to selectively insult US allies. What is he accomplishing by twisting what Sadiq Kahn had to say about the latest attacks in London? Or why he blatantly lies on Twitter? Doesn't he realize that many of us will actually check to see exactly how NATO dues are assessed? It's not hard to figure out that US manufacturing produces millions of dollars worth of German vehicles?

Lol. I don't think he does it on purpose. Which is probably much worse 🙈.

Honestly, though, I voted that I don't care much. I also think that while he has plenty of flaws, he's not the satanic demon he is made out to be.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:44 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Lol. I don't think he does it on purpose. Which is probably much worse 🙈.

Honestly, though, I voted that I don't care much. I also think that while he has plenty of flaws, he's not the satanic demon he is made out to be.

That still doesn't explain why he twists and lies on Twitter. The stuff he made up about NATO and German manufacturing indicated that his base can't be counted on to fact check and will buy just about anything that comes out of his mouth. It's gonna be an interesting 8 years.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:48 pm
I think it comes from extreme impulsivity. Still believe his decision to run for prez was pure impulse.

You said eight years- do you think he will make second term?

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:53 pm
I wonder what the correlation is between those who support Trump and don't follow/don't care about his tweets. That's the only way this makes sense.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:56 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I think it comes from extreme impulsivity. Still believe his decision to run for prez was pure impulse.

You said eight years- do you think he will make second term?

Well, he's filed that he's running and he's raised millions so far. The Dems have no one to run against him, and the moderate Republicans are due to be extinct along with the polar bears.

Swissmiss

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 9:21 pm
Obama made America look weak and Trump makes us look stupid. 😂 But I love that he supports Israel!

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 9:29 pm
Swissmiss wrote:
Obama made America look weak and Trump makes us look stupid. 😂 But I love that he supports Israel!

President Obama gave Israel $48billion for defense and President Trump gave the Saudi's $110billion.

Swissmiss

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 9:33 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
President Obama gave Israel $48billion for defense and President Trump gave the Saudi's $110billion.

And?

sheep

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 9:49 pm
He wants to own the idea of being anti terror but doesn't want the travel ban. He also wants people to trust only him, not the media or r the courts. Viewed from that perspective his actions are quite logical.

He's betting that terror will continue and he will be viewed as the only person who cares to do anything to stop it

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 9:58 pm
sheep wrote:
He wants to own the idea of being anti terror but doesn't want the travel ban. He also wants people to trust only him, not the media or r the courts. Viewed from that perspective his actions are quite logical.

He's betting that terror will continue and he will be viewed as the only person who cares to do anything to stop it

Who's viewing him that way? Who is reading Trump's tweets and thinking, "He's the only person who cares to do anything to stop terror"?

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 9:59 pm
sheep wrote:

I'm speaking to the bold right now. You do realize he's been tweeting all about the travel ban and how it's necessary, esp since the most recent terrorist attack in London. How does that figure into his not wanting the travel ban?

sheep

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:03 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Who's viewing him that way? Who is reading Trump's tweets and thinking, "He's the only person who cares to do anything to stop terror"?
read him them read Sadiq khan tweets. Who do you feel cares more? On a gut level.

sheep

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:06 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I'm speaking to the bold right now. You do realize he's been tweeting all about the travel ban and how it's necessary, esp since the most recent terrorist attack in London. How does that figure into his not wanting the travel ban?
he wants the supreme court to rule against him. So he can remain the anti establishment person who cares about the common man unlike these head in the sands liberals. He cant win in the SC anyway so next best thing is owning wanting to DO something about terror.
This will strengthen him politically with every terror attack.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:10 pm
sheep wrote:
he wants the supreme court to rule against him. So he can remain the anti establishment person who cares about the common man unlike these head in the sands liberals. He cant win in the SC anyway so next best thing is owning wanting to DO something about terror.

Gosh if I was a member of his base I'd find that insulting. It all sounds like pretzel logic to me.

sheep

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:19 pm
I'm pleased you don't have a cogent argument.

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:22 pm
sheep wrote:
read him them read Sadiq khan tweets. Who do you feel cares more? On a gut level.

On a gut level it seemed gutless to me to use a terror attack to score cheap political points and settle scores with London's mayor. I felt disgusted.

To you his tweets had a completely different effect. That's what I find so interesting. That people can have such different gut level reaction to the same thing.

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:25 pm
sheep wrote:

I agree it strengthens him politically with a certain core subset of the population thats,already devoted to him. The big question is how big that subset is and if there's anything that can happen that will shake their faith in him.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics