Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Do u mind If I brag a bit? Update 4/19/19
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 9:15 pm
That's amazing! Happy for you...

I know what it feels like ...I've lost a lot before although at the moment I need to loose since I gained a lot back... but I hope to join you too!

Keep it up! What a great feeling!

Are you eating the same as you posted a few months ago?

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 9:19 pm
amother wrote:
That's amazing! Happy for you...

I know what it feels like ...I've lost a lot before although at the moment I need to loose since I gained a lot back... but I hope to join you too!

Keep it up! What a great feeling!

Are you eating the same as you posted a few months ago?

Good Luck.

The only food that I changed is breakfast I don’t have yogurt anymore I have granola with milk instead. I also started exercising twice a week for 30 minutes.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 3:50 pm
It’s been a hard few months I stopped losing weight even though I wasn’t eating a lot or any junk. But I stuck with it & found small things to change. BH I’m losing again. I lost another 12lbs. I have another 18lbs to reach my goal weight!! I lost so far 32lbs in the last year. A year ago if you would have told me that I can & I would totally change the way I eat & lose so much weight I would never have believed it!!
Anyone out there who thinks they can’t do know that you can. I have never stuck to a “diet” for so long in my life. I have never felt better physically, mentally & emotionally. Also even though I’m not at my goal weight I still feel better about my body then I have for as long as I can remember. I think taking control of it really made a huge difference. Anyone who is struggling & has questions about what I’ve done I’ll be happy to answer your questions.

familyfirst

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:37 pm
That is wonderful!
Yes, please post what you've done. Would be so encouraging!

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 10:37 pm
I started using spray oil so I’m using less oil.
I stared having more salads for lunch. I’ll make a salad with tuna or chick peas with a light dressing.
I stopped making starch sides for dinner. I used to do it once or twice a week now I don’t do it ever.
Shabbos was one of my bigger issues so I don’t have challa instead I have 1 ww matzo each meal. Shabbos morning I used to make fried chicken now we have sliced turkey breast & turkey pastrami.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 10:43 pm
Seas wrote:
You're probably new here, but hugs are generally used in lieu of a dislike button.

No. We've reclaimed the hug button. It is now.. A hug button.

Its time to accept that. We've successfully gotten rid of all the passive aggressive hugs.

Times are a changin'

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 10:44 pm
Congrats, OP! Keep on this happy, healthy path! And watch out for Purim..

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 10:50 pm
That's great! Keep it up! You're almost there.

anonymom

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 2:25 am
OP, do you mind saying your age?
I'm guessing you are 40s or 50s. Please forgive me if I'm wrong. The reason for my guess is I lost a lot of weight and was able to eat a lot less carbs in my 40s. Contrary to what I was always afraid of, having heard my whole life that in your 40s you gain and it's impossible to lose.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 2:50 am
wow what an inspiration!!!

ive started losing weight in november and so far ive lost about 11 kgbut for the past four weeks im struggeling. eventhough I stick to my plan or system or call it whatever you like I seem to not loose much anymore. maybe my body got used to the new way of life.
I guess just continuing despite little results is the key. I just have to continue and hopefully the time wil come when the scales will show a lighter weight Wink

kol hakavod to your attitude and fantastic results you are amazing!!!!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 7:04 am
anonymom wrote:
OP, do you mind saying your age?
I'm guessing you are 40s or 50s. Please forgive me if I'm wrong. The reason for my guess is I lost a lot of weight and was able to eat a lot less carbs in my 40s. Contrary to what I was always afraid of, having heard my whole life that in your 40s you gain and it's impossible to lose.

I’m 28

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 7:11 am
amother wrote:
wow what an inspiration!!!

ive started losing weight in november and so far ive lost about 11 kgbut for the past four weeks im struggeling. eventhough I stick to my plan or system or call it whatever you like I seem to not loose much anymore. maybe my body got used to the new way of life.
I guess just continuing despite little results is the key. I just have to continue and hopefully the time wil come when the scales will show a lighter weight Wink

kol hakavod to your attitude and fantastic results you are amazing!!!!

Good for you. After the first 20 lbs I had to cut back a bit more. Slightly smaller portions. Good luck.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 10:24 am
amother wrote:
I’m 28

What was your start weight, and what is your target weight? How long has it taken you to lost the 32 pounds so far?

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
What was your start weight, and what is your target weight? How long has it taken you to lost the 32 pounds so far?

I started a year ago.
When I started I was 240. Now I’m 208.
I did it slowly. I made small changes to my diet over time. First I cut out all junk and tried to eat only healthy food. Slowly I cut down my portion sizes and I also stopped eating between meals. I only eat breakfast lunch & dinner no snacks. Only coffee & water between meals.

Edited to add my goal is 190.

familyfirst

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 11:23 am
Op- doesn't sound like you're eating a lot at all. Are you hungry??
How many pounds do you lose per week, on average?

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 11:27 am
familyfirst wrote:
Op- doesn't sound like you're eating a lot at all. Are you hungry??
How many pounds do you lose per week, on average?

I’m not eating a lot.
I am a bit hungry. But I’ve learned to deal with it. I feel that if I’m hungry that means I’m losing weight. I’m not starving just hungry.
When I’m good & dont “cheat” I lose about 2 lbs a week. But I do go out for dinner sometimes & that does throw me off.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 12:25 pm
sounds fantastic! 2 punds a week is a great achievement. and if you cheat sometimes and still loose a pound thats so worth ut, n? to live a normal life I mean with dinner invitation shabbes seudes and homonal days. im not saying one should find excuses to cheat. but eating out and holidays and little cheatsessions here and there are NORMAL life , dont u agree? we arent robots or ightlossmachines. we are human!!!! Smile

keep it up well done such an inspiration!!!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 12:40 pm
amother wrote:
sounds fantastic! 2 punds a week is a great achievement. and if you cheat sometimes and still loose a pound thats so worth ut, n? to live a normal life I mean with dinner invitation shabbes seudes and homonal days. im not saying one should find excuses to cheat. but eating out and holidays and little cheatsessions here and there are NORMAL life , dont u agree? we arent robots or ightlossmachines. we are human!!!! Smile

keep it up well done such an inspiration!!!

I definitely agree with you. Part of the reason I was able to stick with it for so long is because I do cheat once in a while.

sbmom

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 10:15 pm
What an achievement OP! It's amazing that you have kept at it all these months!

Hatzlacha!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 9:27 am
I got under 200lbs!!!
Erev pesach I was 199.5. But I didn’t get to excited because with pesach I was sure I’ll gain some weight. I made peace with it.
I was careful but I did drink wine & I had a couple of cookies. This morning I was scared to go on the scale but I did & I lost a 1/2 lb!!
I haven’t been less then 200 lbs since before I had my oldest ds!!
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise