Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Do u mind If I brag a bit? Update 4/19/19
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

sneakermom

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 6:48 am
So happy to hear!

I’ve been working on my weight too, and reading your thread gives me great chizzuk.

Sandrine

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 8:30 am
Wow OP - that’s so wonderful. kol hakavod! I think that being kind to yourself and having treats is so important. Great job though !

heartinzion

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 1:02 pm
Awesome!! Good for you!! Being healthy is the best feeling!!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 12:44 pm
Bh the rest of pesach went well & I lost another pound!!
Since Yom Tov I lost some more I’m at 195 now & I feel soooooooo amazing!!
I can’t belive I got here I’m so grateful & thankful.
Not only am I smaller but mentally & emotionally I’m so much “healthier”. I’m a better mom & wife & person! 5 more pounds to my original goal!!

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 7:10 am
I did it!!!
I lost 50 lbs!!!!!!!!!
I want to scream from to roof top. But this will have to do!!
I’m so proud of myself I might burst!!!
I can’t belive I did it!!
I’m so grateful to G-d for getting me here. It was not easy but I stuck with it & I did it!!!!

amother
Violet

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 7:15 am
amother wrote:
I did it!!!
I lost 50 lbs!!!!!!!!!
I want to scream from to roof top. But this will have to do!!
I’m so proud of myself I might burst!!!
I can’t belive I did it!!
I’m so grateful to G-d for getting me here. It was not easy but I stuck with it & I did it!!!!

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

sneakermom

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 8:05 am
Your post made me so happy!! What an achievement!

Spring is a great time to enjoy your weight loss. No coat, lighter clothes. So much fun!

chag334

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:34 pm
Such an inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing. Soon by me! And all those who need it. Where did your willpower suddenly come from?!

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:37 pm
chag334 wrote:
Such an inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing. Soon by me! And all those who need it. Where did your willpower suddenly come from?!

I don’t know. It came from G-d. One day I just had enough. I did it slowly. I made small changes in the beginning. The more I lost the more I was motivated to keep at it & make more changes.

chag334

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 1:17 pm
amother wrote:
I don’t know. It came from G-d. One day I just had enough. I did it slowly. I made small changes in the beginning. The more I lost the more I was motivated to keep at it & make more changes.

Unbelievable. Thanks for sharing your succes. and the hug is from me Smile a sincere one. Good shabbos!

Gneshe

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 6:40 pm
Can you share how you did it? I've been trying so hard to lose weight and I just can't seem to figure out how.

Jewishmom8

Post Sat, May 12 2018, 12:11 pm
That is an amazing accomplishment!
As someone who is actively trying to lose I know how hard that is.
Kol Hakavod!

Momof14

Post Sat, May 12 2018, 1:22 pm
Wow kol hakavod! That is fantastic! Enjoy the wonderful feelings of accomplishment and enjoy looking great! Not many people have the willpower to do what you did. Be proud of yourself!!!

amother
Tan

Post Sat, May 12 2018, 6:08 pm
Wow OP, that's amazing! So happy for you!

I'm also trying to lose weight so just wondering - have you been exercising as well or just being careful with what you're eating?

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, May 12 2018, 6:13 pm
Gneshe wrote:
Can you share how you did it? I've been trying so hard to lose weight and I just can't seem to figure out how.

I slowly completely changed my diet. This is not how I started this is what it evolved to.
I have 2 light Greek yogurts & a 1/2 cup of friut or dry cornflakes for breakfast.
A salad with tuna or eggs or chick peas & a beef stick or canned salmon for lunch.
Chicken or meat or fish with a non starch vegetable or salad for dinner.
Nothing other then water or coffee with a drop of Splenda between meals.

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, May 12 2018, 6:14 pm
amother wrote:
Wow OP, that's amazing! So happy for you!

I'm also trying to lose weight so just wondering - have you been exercising as well or just being careful with what you're eating?

I recently started doing 25 minutes of cardio every day. It makes a huge difference. My shape is so much better & losing weight is easier.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sat, May 12 2018, 6:23 pm
Kol hakavod! You are truly an inspiration K'E'H!

syrima

Post Sat, May 12 2018, 6:24 pm
Hi OP just read all your posts, that is really amazing! I decided to lose weight recently, and basically went gluten free during the week. Funny how much more healthy stuff you find to eat when you cut out carbs. I used to be a sucker for every cookie or nosh but like you said something just changed, and I decided that eating this junk is not worth it!
Recently for dinner I had some chestnuts, a small omelette, and some vegetables and was full. When slightly hungry I drink water or chew gum. In 2 months lost about 5 pounds. I feel great. What really helped me keep track was this free app Bitesnap. It's a really easy food journal, just take a picture of your food and it guesses what it is and provides the nutritional info. Love it!

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, May 12 2018, 6:31 pm
syrima wrote:
Hi OP just read all your posts, that is really amazing! I decided to lose weight recently, and basically went gluten free during the week. Funny how much more healthy stuff you find to eat when you cut out carbs. I used to be a sucker for every cookie or nosh but like you said something just changed, and I decided that eating this junk is not worth it!
Recently for dinner I had some chestnuts, a small omelette, and some vegetables and was full. When slightly hungry I drink water or chew gum. In 2 months lost about 5 pounds. I feel great. What really helped me keep track was this free app Bitesnap. It's a really easy food journal, just take a picture of your food and it guesses what it is and provides the nutritional info. Love it!

Good for you. Keep it up. It gets so hard sometimes but it’s worth the effort.
The first time I took my kids out for pizza after I made the decision to change my eating habits I realized how much I used to “nosh” off their plates.
Those small pinches of food add up to so many extra calories. Small changes make a big difference.

Gneshe

Post Sat, May 12 2018, 11:42 pm
amother wrote:
I slowly completely changed my diet. This is not how I started this is what it evolved to.
I have 2 light Greek yogurts & a 1/2 cup of friut or dry cornflakes for breakfast.
A salad with tuna or eggs or chick peas & a beef stick or canned salmon for lunch.
Chicken or meat or fish with a non starch vegetable or salad for dinner.
Nothing other then water or coffee with a drop of Splenda between meals.

Thanks!
Do you have milk with your coffee?
Did you make up this food plan yourself?
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise