Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
We're getting there... funny story.

smiley:)

Post Sat, Sep 29 2007, 4:43 pm
I just started with my son about 1/2 week ago and I'd say we're about half toilet trained. Just I have to remind him a lot and we can't go out yet without a diaper (how do you ever manage to do that!) but in the house he is doing well.
So last night I was exhausted and went to bed very early. My husband stayed up and put my older one to bed. When he (my husband) used to be very overtired in the days when my older one was a baby, he would have these dreams and jump up and say some mumbo jumbo which he'd realize was part of a dream, and then he'd go back to bed. Well last night my husband came to bed... I knew I was just in the middle of a dream and I knew I said something to him which made a lot of sense in the context of my dream but I realized it made no sense for real when he started laughing at me, so I laughed and went back to sleep. I asked him this morning what it was that I said. He said I asked him in desperation, just in the same tone I would say to my son, "Do you have to go to the potty?"
Guess potty training affects the parents too, huh? :-)

Bzgirl

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 12:37 am
lol cute; I don't know how you managed to be 1/2 way done, cuz I'm having a real hard time with my dd she can sit for the longest time...and then 5 minutes later when shes wearin a panty....I'm so frustrated, maybe I'm doin something wrong, but I'm so happy for you Smile

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 12:43 am
#1 I took off his pants altogether
#2 he always liked making in seclusion. Once he learned to get up on the potty seat by himself so he could be alone it helped a lot. Just dont know how to r while we're travelling or sleeping.ooilet train ft

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 1:12 am
I think this is a very hard time of year to train. I'm waiting for after succos.

nicole81

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 1:19 am
lol that's cute!

when I go out with dd I put a super absorbant cloth diaper (you could use a towel) under her in the carseat and stroller. I can't use pullups because every time I do she starts having accidents again. I also take her to the bathroom every hour.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 1:59 am
summer war the best time for me to train iw ould let them run around the house with no diaper though the yboth ended up being trained in winter. no wasn't interested but did it in the end quickly with prizes etc and no2 did it him self before 3. bh they were both trained by night within a month of by day and no accidents.

actually funny thiing happened when I was nursing ds2 untill he was 2. once I went to get him and ds1 woke oup in their room I said to dh "the roof is leaking!!" he goes to me "oh it's only your milk dripping!"

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 2:41 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I think this is a very hard time of year to train. I'm waiting for after succos.

My son is only 2 yrs and 2 months. But the reason I did it now is bc here it's already starting to get cooler here. The morning is warm but the afternoon really gets cool. So thats why I did it now.

Dini

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 2:47 am
I'm also trying to toilet train and its really not working and I can understand that you are dreaming about it! I would say nightmares!!

drumjj

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 3:39 am
how old are ur kids that ur trying to train. my daughter is two and a half and I havent trained her yet because I dont think she is ready she shows no signs of it so im still waiting and also she isnt going to nursery for another year yet so im not that bothered. when I toilet trained my older daughter it was a night mare and she is four now and still has accidents I dont know why.

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 8:33 am
I just trained my kid who is exactly 2 and 2 months. It really depends on the kid if they are ready or not. He showed many signs of being ready, plus I wanted to do it before the cold weather. And lastly, to be very honest I was getting so nauseous changing big kid diapers. I needed to stop. I wouldnt have stopped if I saw he wasnt ready but he clearly was.

I assume training him for nap time, going out, etc will be tougher. But I am already happy with the progress of the last week.

Now next challenge (which I am not going to start for a while still) is getting him to wear a kippah.... He has some time and I believe we can start slowly.

Bzgirl

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 9:15 am
drumjj wrote:
how old are ur kids that ur trying to train. my daughter is two and a half and I havent trained her yet because I dont think she is ready she shows no signs of it so im still waiting and also she isnt going to nursery for another year yet so im not that bothered. when I toilet trained my older daughter it was a night mare and she is four now and still has accidents I dont know why.

My dd is 2 and two months, but she asks me to go when she sees her cousins or neighbors go....so I tried to start (but I think I'm giving up) should I wait around for those miracles, that kids train 'by themselves'?! I'm so tempted lol

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 11:40 am
funny story ... I guess we all need a reminder sometimes Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training