Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
James comey testifies against d. trump?!

Bluesky 1

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:03 pm
did I hear right? tell me im wrong. im just trying to clarify

treestump

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:06 pm
You heard right.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 1:52 pm
Comey is not testifying against Donald Trump. Trump is not on trial. He has not been accused of any wrongdoing by any legal body.

Comey is testifying with respect to the investigation into Russian interference in the presidential election, and connections between members of the Trump campaign and administration and Russia. His testimony may -- or may not -- implicate Trump. Certainly, at the very least -- the statements that Trump asked Comey to pledge loyalty to him, and the apparent request that Comey halt the investigation into Flynn -- appear to do so.

But this is not an impeachment or trial or anything else.

sarahleah88

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 4:30 pm
It's not an impeachment trial.............yet.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 6:29 pm
sarahleah88 wrote:
It's not an impeachment trial.............yet.

And its not going to be.

Republicans control both houses. The House will never approve articles of impeachment. And the Senate would never convict.

I mean, maybe if someone had a tape of Trump telling Putin "yes, comrade, we really pulled it off! please be sure to encode your orders to me, so we don't get caught." But that didn't happen.

So we have Comey saying that Trump asked him (Comey) to pledge his loyalty to Trump, which is completely inappropriate (but probably not, AFAIK, an impeachable offense). And Ryan saying that while it was "obviously" inappropriate, “He’s new to government, and so he probably wasn’t steeped in the long-running protocols that establish the relationships between DOJ, FBI and White Houses. He’s just new to this.”

Its all a side show.

sarahleah88

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 6:59 pm
You make a good point about the House and Senate. However, I do think that more Republicans are realizing that Trump is frighteningly mentally unbalanced and woefully incompetent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics