Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Seattle

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 11:45 pm
Can someone please tell me about the community in Seattle? Day schools, high schools, expenses, property costs?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:30 am
Nobody from Seattle huh?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:34 am
Read the old threads, most of the information is still valid.
I haven't lived there for over ten years, so I'm not of much help.
I may be able to find you answers fir what's remaining after reading the old threads.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:37 am
I'm from Seattle, but I made Aliyah 2 years ago. About half of the people I know from Seattle live in Israel now.

Housing - it's one of the most expensive places in the US, and there's precious little of it to go around. Contact Kent Swigart, he's the best frum realtor in the area.

Schools will vary, depending on your hashkafa and your kid's needs. There's Chabad, Torah Day School (yeshivish), an MO school, and a Reform day school.

Lots of choices for summer camps for different ages.

All of the shuls are wonderful, and have different flavors. I loved Congregation Ezra Bessaroth, a Sephardic shul in the Rhodes tradition.

PM me if you have more questions, I'll be happy to help!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:04 am
Please PM me, I'm from Seattle and there's so much I can share

SpottedBanana

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:09 am
amother wrote:
Please PM me, I'm from Seattle and there's so much I can share

You can't PM an amother.

Perel1

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 11:58 pm
Well I can't figure out how to pm you. So email kent@kentswigard.com for help. You'll learn everything you need to know.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 7:30 am
I want to add that if any of your kids have special needs, the public school in Seward Park is AMAZING (Graham Hill.) They have a big budget for tutoring and one on one, a special track for Autism and another one for developmental delays. Full inclusion whenever possible.

For junior high, sn kids apply to South Shore, which is out of the eruv, but continues with the sn track. Orca is a supposed to be an excellent public school for sn kids with learning disabilities. A friend of mine sent her son there with very good results, and he transitioned back into yeshiva.

Seattle Hebrew Academy has a Sephardic track, and the rebbes there are warm and very kind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating